Chicago hobby shops??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIRDMAN

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey all just wondering about some GOOD shop to visit. Next month I'll be in Chicago at the McCormick Center for a trade show. Staying at Hotel71. is there any good shops in the area?
I'm a HPI Savage basher so looking for a good stock on Savage stuff.

lmk
cheers

Chicago hobby shops

i put Chicago hobby shops in to google got 7 shops all with in 10 miles of each other. sounds like you are about to have some fun. here in wichita ks we are going to have a instustrail trade show in 2 weeks. do all trade shows happen on tuesday thru thrusday?

ya did that too. just thought I'd get lucky with some Chi peeps with some local info. most of the ones close to my hotel are trains or art stuff. the best looking one is HobbyTown about 40 minutes away.
yes most trade shows do run midweek like that.
Witchita eh nice. I have used that airport a few times :) my head office is in Hutch.

cheers

airport

wichita has just started a big airport expansion. i live about 3 miles from the air port, my mom lives right under a flight path. my dad would watch the panes come in. he said that each plane followed the same path with in 2-3 feet, of each other. i lived on the south side of town 10 miles away from air port, from 1955 to 2006. if you come throu wichita again go west on ridge road less than a mile there is are lots of good eating places. you can't get a bad meal in wichita. there must be 20 very good eating places with in 5 miles of my house. Applebes at ridge and Maple is really good.

ya did that too. just thought I'd get lucky with some Chi peeps with some local info. most of the ones close to my hotel are trains or art stuff. the best looking one is HobbyTown about 40 minutes away.
yes most trade shows do run midweek like that.
Witchita eh nice. I have used that airport a few times :) my head office is in Hutch.

cheers

What hobby town did you find?
Are you staying at 71 east wacker dr?

Last edited:
Hugh Hefner whent to the same high school as i did.

hi school?

there MUST be a joke in there some where.

Nope. He dropped out to start play boy. I continued his legacy.:D

Back