Check this app out right now! Google Lens

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Google used to have the ability to do a reverse image lookup where you gave it an image and it would tell you all kinds of info about it. Now they have made it into an app. An app which helped me find what RC a guy here has. It is called "Google Lens", and it is one of the best apps I have ever seen for this kinda search. Here is a screenshot. The top pic is the poster's chassis, and the bottom is what Lens found, which ultimately led me to find the actual chassis within a couple minutes.
Screenshot_20210823-085359_Google.jpg

Look what it found when I fed it a pic of my Deadbolt
Screenshot_20210823-090109_Google.jpg

So I fed it a pic of two RC's and it puts a radio button on each truck. Selecting the Granite, it found this..
Screenshot_20210823-090345_Google.jpg

Selecting the Kraton 6s found this...
Screenshot_20210823-090358_Google.jpg

And this one just blew me away. This was giving the app a pic of my heavily modified TT02 chassis, which actually has TT02R parts on it.
Screenshot_20210823-090842_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Great app. Read that was in development but no more.
Yeah, I have been playing with it since last night. It will find just about anything you toss at it. The Google people are using Witchcraft!

I dont use the app but I've been using google reverse look up for years. Its an awesome tool!

I dont use the app but I've been using google reverse look up for years. Its an awesome tool!
That's the one I was trying to find, but I can't seem to locate it on my phone. I know there used to be a camera icon next to the Google search bar, that isn't there anymore.

That's the one I was trying to find, but I can't seem to locate it on my phone. I know there used to be a camera icon next to the Google search bar, that isn't there anymore.
I have that on my android phone. You switch to desktop mode, then on google, click images. After that, the csmera icon should be in the search bar.

I have that on my android phone. You switch to desktop mode, then on google, click images. After that, the csmera icon should be in the search bar.
Ahh, there it is.

Years ago, i used a similar app called Goggles. It wasn't very good. I wonder if this replaced it.

Years ago, i used a similar app called Goggles. It wasn't very good. I wonder if this replaced it.
Never heard of that one. This is even better than the old reverse image lookup. I can't stop playing with it. As Chubaka said - it's pretty creepy lol.

Never heard of that one. This is even better than the old reverse image lookup. I can't stop playing with it. As Chubaka said - it's pretty creepy lol.
If "we" have this technology, "they" have better. Alot of selfies on social media, the county and gov have facial recognition and great cameras. Up north, drivers shut down a tunnel so underpowered cars can burnout. The dot had one hell of a zoom, plus full motion. I want to live in a faraday cage!

If "we" have this technology, "they" have better. Alot of selfies on social media, the county and gov have facial recognition and great cameras. Up north, drivers shut down a tunnel so underpowered cars can burnout. The dot had one hell of a zoom, plus full motion. I want to live in a faraday cage!
I have as friend in Wisconsin that found lead covered drywall somewhere. He did his whole basement with it lol. He doesn't get out much 😜

I have as friend in Wisconsin that found lead covered drywall somewhere. He did his whole basement with it lol. He doesn't get out much 😜
I'm good on the lead. I had to move lead jackets for radiation equipment, my poor back after that!

I'm talking foil, foil insulation, and maybe steel and aluminum sheet. Layer it with insulatiin, wood etc netween to give it better sheilding. For paint, mix it with sand for sound barrier. And I wanted this before 5g. 😂

I live near a few airports, and they constantly have drones out. For several years, the ghetto bird was out 3-4x a day for several months. I'm certain they were testing new technology.

Anyways back on track.