charging a 9000mAh "D" battery for glow igniter. how long?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I plan on using one for a glow plug igniter. How long would it take with a standard glow plug igniter charger?

What is the output rating of your standard charger? If its lets say 300mAh then divide 9000 by 300 and thats how many hours it would take. Whatever it is I'm betting will be waaaaaaaaay to long. You need to get a lipo charger and use it on NiMH setting. I usually do my 10,000mah D ignitor on 1.5-2A. Still takes a long time but 5 hours is better than 30 lol.

I got a nimh charger that goes up to 2.5 amps. Its for charging 7.2 v. Battery packs. Could I use that?
It really doesn't go by volt output, just amperage... I think I used it to charge sub c cells for my boat ignited at one time.... been a long time....

2012-11-23_17-12-54_936.jpg

" If its lets say 300mAh then divide 9000 by 300 and thats how many hours it would take."

That's what I was thinking how to figure it out.

I dug out the instructions and it charges 4-10 cells. So probably won't be a good idea. I'll just buy a lower may d battery....

My charger came with the plug to do the glow ignitors, receiver batt, lipo, connectors for the popular batteries and one I have not figured out yet.

Back