Chargers and batteries. ( Newb questions)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To each his own I guess. But to me, they are overpriced, and new people are persuaded to buy them at hobby shops because the shop owners don't feel like explaining how to use a LiPo charger every time a new person comes in to buy one. And you get far better features and specs from a regular charger for the same price.

As for the telemetry... I don't ever look at my controller while running. Too busy looking at the car.

Last edited:
They are overpriced which is a big reason I don't have one yet. But Spektrum released this a bit ago, which is more in my price range. Yeah I see where you're coming from. I like to look at the high temp's of the ESC, motor, and battery, and the top speed, Mahs used, and some other handy stuff that my DX5C records after I'm done driving

$60 for a 55w charger? No thank you 😯 That thing would take eons to charge any of my larger packs, if it didn't auto shutoff first due to taking too long.

They are overpriced which is a big reason I don't have one yet. But Spektrum released this a bit ago, which is more in my price range. Yeah I see where you're coming from. I like to look at the high temp's of the ESC, motor, and battery, and the top speed, Mahs used, and some other handy stuff that my DX5C records after I'm done driving
That's way overpriced for what it is, it'll only be good for small plane/helicopter 2s or 3s LiPos <2000mAh so that you don't stress it too much.

I would only be using it for 4500mah 2s LiPo's that wouldn't even be fully discharged in some cases. So yeah it would suck if you where trying to use it to charge 4 or 6s batteries but I wouldn't be so it would work great for my situation :hehe:
$60 for a 55w charger? No thank you 😯 That thing would take eons to charge any of my larger packs, if it didn't auto shutoff first due to taking too long.
What charger would you recommend for that same price range? I need one specifically for charging 2S shorties

Last edited:
I would only be using it for 4500mah 2s LiPo's that wouldn't even be fully discharged in some cases. So yeah it would suck if you where trying to use it to charge 4 or 6s batteries but I wouldn't be so it would work great for my situation :hehe:

What charger would you recommend for that same price range? I need one specifically for charging 2S shorties
The protec prodigy 610ez would do just fine. Thats a 100 watt charger