castle link program crashes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sotvotkong

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so I've got the castle link installed on windows 7. any time I click on a menu tab from the top it crashes with a debug window. I can still use the basic areas and save the settings to my ecs, but I can't get any other settings from the menus, as well as the graph crashes on startup. I've googled and I can't find a single page about this.

is it just me? win7 ie10

I'd say your pc is corrupt in some way, just like most of them.
Try the usual things like re-installing the program and running a scan etc.

You can also try running it in Windows XP compatibility mode. I had that trouble until I did that.

lol my pc is just fine. corrupt. lol. its the program.

anyways tried the compatibility mode via hamz, and its the same thing. got out the old dusty laptop and what do ya know, works fine on xp. can't expect too much I guess.

Well if it ran fine on XP on your laptop, then it IS your PC. I had the same problem with my laptop running windows 7, i had my laptop Formatted and now it works fine.

I have 3 other computers running windows 7 and it does the same thing on all of them.

lol my pc is just fine. corrupt. lol. its the program.

What do think that's funny? Most people would never know if they're pc has a problem, stop acting like you do. Probably is the program though.

I have the Castle Link running on two Windows 7 computers with zero problems...

What do think that's funny? Most people would never know if they're pc has a problem, stop acting like you do. Probably is the program though.

ok then screw you guys. I don't need this forum anyways. since you can't accept anyone knowing something you don't. I'm headed back to my local forum were people have respect and don't treat people like idiots before knowing the person, or their skills.

ill be sure to tell people to avoid this place when I'm asked.

go ahead and delete my account and any posts or threads I have if it helps.

I've been a PC tech for the better part of 15 years and like Woody am running the Castle software on windows 7 without problems either. Since it works on Windows XP on your laptop then the issue can only be with the PC because this rules out the problem being with the actual castle hardware. If you in fact have 2 other PCs running windows 7 then theres a good chance that something else you have loaded on your windows 7 boxes is causing compatibility issues between that and the castle software. Personally I find it questionable that youd have 4 computers in your house. The only people I know with 4+ computers in their house are computer geeks who wouldnt need to come to an RC forum to get help with their computer problems. That being said I'm not calling you a liar because who knows, maybe you do have 4 PCs around for some reason. For instance if you had a PC and your wife had a PC and your kids had a PC and then you had an old XP machine laying around then I could see that being possible. Of course if that was the case then not all 3 Win7 boxes would have the same problems meaning that the Castle software would have worked on one of them but hey what do I know? The only other possible explanation that I can think of right off the top of my head would be that you were using an older version of the software but you really didnt give the whole troubleshooting process a chance now did you.

As for you leaving because "people can't stand the fact that someone knows something that they dont" I would have to say that unless you're a computer technician (or at least something close) then you can't say for certain that the problem isnt with your PC. It is a possibility. If you knew it to be an impossibility then youd know enough about computer to not need anyones help here. When I read this thread i see you asking a question, then 3 legitimate steps offered to help troubleshoot the problem. you trying one of them that you hadnt thought of before and then bulked at the idea of something being wrong with your computer. Someone called you out on it because they were most likely right, and then you getting pissed off and acting like an asshat because you are convinced and you dont want to own up to the possiblity that the person was right probably because you are either to lazy or to impatient to follow basic troubleshooting steps that even I follow when trying to work out issues on my network at home.

Having said all that....dont let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out...

Last edited:
ok then screw you guys. I don't need this forum anyways. since you can't accept anyone knowing something you don't. I'm headed back to my local forum were people have respect and don't treat people like idiots before knowing the person, or their skills.

So childish all people were trying to do is help you and thats it i think its you with the respect issue . And the thing is no one on here knows your level of expertise so to say so they were just giving suggestions go be a child on your local site and have a great day.

If you're here asking questions, then you obviously don't know the answer yourself.
Compared to some of these other users in here my computer knowledge is minimal at best, but when a reputable program works fine for everyone else, or on other PCs, you'd have to suspect the very PC that it's malfunctioning on as being the culprit.

Done.

Enjoy your ride in the Waaaaambulance.

The only reason people are so nice on the Traxxas forum is because that place is run like a boot camp.