Calling All MM Castle Link Users

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1basher

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have bought a castle like for my sidewinder esc to turn the LVC on and I install everything, I plug the thing in and click on the Castle Link button on my home page and I go to customize on the bottom of the window and it says" no valid or invalid controler connected"
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
is the esc plugged into the usb?

Dumb question, but u never know.

Yes everything is pluged in and all. Does anyone have a proven used set-up. I am willing to send it out and i'll pay for shipping and labor also. If anyone does let me know please!

I would uninstall and then reinstall the software.

Go to the Castle Creations site and download the latest version of Castle link. Same thing happened to me when I bought an older MM and tried using it with an older Castle link version.

edit: here you go

http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads.html

Last edited:
Thank you for all the replies. I am now downloading the other software i'll update you guys in a few once it downloads.

Downloaded it and nothing still. I'll give CC a call tommorw to see what they can do.

Give Castle a call, but in the meantime, see if you're running it as administrator.

Whats that? Administrator? Coyuld you explain please.

Administrator; it's a permission level on your computer. Odds on, if you didn't see a password dialogue when you installed the software (known as the "Run As" prompt), you're already an Administrator. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps if you have any other USB devices plugged in at the same time. That might cause a conflict (doubtful, but you never know).

Also, just out of curiousity; are you turning the switch on the ESC on?

I haven't had that problem, but I have a Castle Link that works great with no problems, as I have a sidewinder, 4 mamba max ESC's, and a mamba 25. If you need to, you can ship it to me and I'll program it for you. I don't mind, but it's going to suck if you change batteries or something and can't adjust it yourself.

Its an XP.
Charlies I just might take you up on that offer. I am running 2s only mabey 3s to show off or something but most likely no. There is a profile that'll let me run 2s and 3s without switching a profile. Could you PM me your address if you are sure you want to and i'll have it on its way tommorw(hahahaha no dhl this time).

Is CC compatible with windows xp pro 64bit OS?

Castle only support 98, Me, 2000 and 32-bit versions of XP AFAIK. I have got Castle Link to work in Vista 32-bit too perfectly well (after some faffing about) but I haven't tried any 64-bit versions as I use Windows for games mostly and they don't like 64-bit sometimes.

Is CC compatible with windows xp pro 64bit OS?

Hyster, just a shot in the dark here, but are you sure your operating system is a 64 bit and not 2 cores on the proccesor running 32 and 32. my computer has a AMD Athlonx2 64. It means there is 2 cores running 32 each, therefore, a 32 bit OS.

No that's not what an Athlon 64 X2 is at all. It's a 2-core CPU that is capable of executing code written in 64-bit. Cores on either a X2 or a Intel Core chip are each capable of independently executing 64-bit code.

64-bit code isn't all that special anyway, most of what it enables is large file sizes, and larger memory spaces in RAM by allowing much longer address locations and data blocks. I can see everyone glazing over now so I'll shut up.

Suffice to say you can run a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit chip, but not vice-versa.

Hyster: try it, it might work, I think there are settings for apps in XP 64-bit to run legacy apps in 32-bit compatibility mode. I don't know for sure but people have had moderate success running 32-bit stuff in XP and Vista 64-bit because they are both *supposed* to be backwards compatible.

Last edited:
I think you have the athlon processor that capable of running 64 bit, but only have the 32 bit operating system installed, thats how a lot of computers are coming from the manufacturer

As I've already pointed out, compatibility reasons mean most people still run 32-bit versions of Windows.

Sorry, I don't always explain things clearly when I'm technobabbling :)

but I haven't tried any 64-bit versions as I use Windows for games mostly and they don't like 64-bit sometimes.

Actually most games do work with the OS and pretty well.

Hyster, just a shot in the dark here, but are you sure your operating system is a 64 bit and not 2 cores on the proccesor running 32 and 32. my computer has a AMD Athlonx2 64. It means there is 2 cores running 32 each, therefore, a 32 bit OS.

Yup, athlon 64bit fx53 chip not two core that I know of.

Last edited:
Indeed, the FX-53 is well prior to the Dual Core chips.

If it copes that well with games (which are notoriously badly written most of the time) I'd think it'd probably cope alright with the CastleLink software. The CastleLink USB module is treated as a Human Interface Device, which means it needs no special drivers, it uses built-in ones in Windows, and all the software does is access them. The only unknown is the bundled Microsoft .NET and MDAC support software it requires you to install. I don't have any clue if they are compatible with 64-bit Windows, and they are required or the software doesn't work.

Back