Computer Help Needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just switched computers due to a hard drive problem and I did a reformat and fresh Windows XP Home install so all of my old software items are gone. The problem I have is with Firefox only. When I try to log in to my Yahoo Mail account I get a 404 File not Found Error. Actually I get that error from about any link I click on form the Yahoo home page. I can use Internet Explorer with no problem. It is version 10.6 of Firefox where before I was using 9.0.

Anyone have a fix? Surely it's something simple but I've searched Google and tried several things and still have the problem.

Uninstall Firefox and use IE to go to Mozilla's page and install the earlier version. I had a similar problem with one of their updates.
When it updates later on, it should bypass the problem and go to the newest release.

Wow,not many suggestions here. Thanks Ralph,I used your suggestion and ditched Firefox and have installed Google Chrome instead. I'll try it for a while but so far I'm liking it.

Sounds a bit odd to me. Curious where did you download Firefox 9 from if you did a clean install? The latest version on Firefox.com is 12.

I'd recommend uninstalling what you have and downloading the latest version of Firefox and try it again.

I'm not sure where I came up with the 10.6 :shrug: I think that was a different program I installed. It was 12 of Firefox that was installed and I downloaded it from Mozilla.org.

I like this Chrome,it faster than IE or Firefox and fairly simple to use.

When you do a search, you'll come up with several versions of it. You just have to make sure you're getting the newest one through Mozilla.

Back