Castle Creations 1/10 SV2 Sidewinder ESC 5700KV Motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newb86

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
To much motor for a Ruslter VXL??? I'm a complete new comer to brushless mainly will be bashing will be running a 2s 20-30c 4000-5500mah turnigy lipo probably.... battery is just a guess right now though any ideas? Just picked up the roller VXL from the LHS for $75 never used brand new it was bought and stripped for parts as everything but motor and speed control oh and no body so ill have to get one of them also

I'm pretty sure I ran the same setup when I had my rustler. It may have been a different Kv motor but there was still carnage! It spent more time on the lid than on the wheels. Be sure to look into a wheelie bar and some steel drive shafts.

I would think that will work just fine, on the battery stay as high as you can on the C rating because you will get better power, more punch, and are less like to damage the battery from pulling more juice then the battery can deliver, 30-40C would be better, also just in case you did not know, the ESC with that motor limits you to a 2s lipo, if you get the 4700kv motor you can go 3s lipo. Have fun with the new ride.

Will consider the wheelie bar for sure.........I'm trying to get into brushless for the least $$$ as possible right now so a 2s will be good for now.....using this as my "demo" truck if you wanna say just to see what to do and not to do....lol

Last edited:
Be careful with that 5700kv if you are using it offroad. Check your temperature's often, and if needed change up your gearing. I caught on a 5700kv CC motor on fire in grass with the wrong gearing.

Anyone have a idea what kinda speeds i can get? Was looking for around 50mph will be running 90/14 when its finished but plan to mess with gearing a bit. From what I've seen i would only be looking at around 30mph does this sound right? Thats with a 2s 30c

Back