carb cleaning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergoff

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
will it hurt the rubber boot on the slide of the carb to let it soak in da. the carb is plugged tight and i can even blow through it. the inlet is clean. i was thinking of taking it all apart and letting it soak over night. its on a revo 2.5. thanks shaun

DA won't hurt it but I wouldn't soak it in it. Take it off and clean it in some fuel. Let it dry, spray it with DA and wipe it off then reinstall.

well its all good. totally stripped it down and cleaned it. the last guy that had this i think never cleaned it. and now i just realized ez start sucks and will be installing a pull start.

Better get it running and tuned before you ditch the easy start. It's way easier to push a button than to yank a rope for an hour straight.

yeah i will. can't wait to try to get it going. i bought fuel glow plugs and a fail safe yesterday.

yeah i thought that i should invest in one case my xtm xt2 went flying across the st. and smashed into the curb and went flying. after that the engine wouldnt stay put. so i traded it and a hpi rs4 3 ss roller for the revo. i think i did good.