Help ... fuel issue with Nitro engine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you joined yesterday. It sure didn't take you long.

Methanol is the simplest alcohol and possible energy carrier because it is easier to store than hydrogen and burns cleaner than fossil fuels. It is a colorless liquid, completely miscible with water and organic solvents and is very hygroscopic.
Hygroscopy is the phenomenon of attracting and holding water molecules via either absorption or adsorption from the surrounding environment

Wood alcohol is most often used as a solvent. Methanol is a common industrial solvent found in paint remover, cleansing agents, and antifreeze. It is used to denature the ethanol found in some of these solutions and thereby render them unfit for drinking.

using a solvent that draws water from the environment while stripping the lubricants from the engine seems like a very bad idea to me.

R.gif

Back to our regular scheduled programming. But I am pretty confident this is just the beginning... again.

I run Bones brew 30/10 ,it is a proven fuel along with TNR racing fuel ,with Bones brew ,
they will customize your fuel liking if you call them!
So if your normal brand just dont exist anymore ,what are you to do?
You can treat your engine as a new break in ,an do another heat cycle with a new
brand of fuel ,or put the damn engine on a shelf an stare at it!.. :hehe:

Back