Car won't run right?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigLad

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a 1/10 nitro car cleaned fuel lines carb , fitted new plug, set carb as manual said wind needle valve and low run fully clockwise in then 2 turns back. Will fire on pull star but immediately dies and ideas, thanks in advance 👍

Hi,
I bought a 1/10 nitro car cleaned fuel lines carb , fitted new plug, set carb as manual said wind needle valve and low run fully clockwise in then 2 turns back. Will fire on pull star but immediately dies and ideas, thanks in advance 👍
Is the motor new? Break in time can be a hassle. What motor is it?

Nitro can be a pain in the ass. Takes time learning temp changes how it will effect the tune what plug to run ect.
How is the compression

Nitro can be a pain in the ass. Takes time learning temp changes how it will effect the tune what plug to run ect.
How is the compression
There are definitely a pain in the a**. The weather/ climate and humidity all come into a factory.

Engine is over flooded because of the rich break-in settings ,too much fuel for the little air that
it gets ,once the engine starts breaking in an you start curbing the fuel back some to match
the fuel to the air ratio ,it will start to wake up an come to life!

The engines have a fixed air ratio ,the only way that the engines air ratio can match up with
the amount of fuel that is given is the slide barrel of the carb. ,so if the engine is getting way
too much fuel for break-in's you have to reset the idle gap on the slide barrel to a wider opening
to allow more in to stay idling or to keep it running ,thats why when breaking in the engine ,you
have to blip the throttle every now & then to help clear out the engine of excessive fuel!...:thumbs-up:

Engine is over flooded because of the rich break-in settings ,too much fuel for the little air that
it gets ,once the engine starts breaking in an you start curbing the fuel back some to match
the fuel to the air ratio ,it will start to wake up an come to life!

The engines have a fixed air ratio ,the only way that the engines air ratio can match up with
the amount of fuel that is given is the slide barrel of the carb. ,so if the engine is getting way
too much fuel for break-in's you have to reset the idle gap on the slide barrel to a wider opening
to allow more in to stay idling or to keep it running ,thats why when breaking in the engine ,you
have to blip the throttle every now & then to help clear out the engine of excessive fuel!...:thumbs-up:
Good advice
I like that!! Real advice I been there.

Here is something I’ll add to that. These nitro engines so high compression hight RPM no cooling just the head for cooling. So that’s why run Nitro fuel ⛽️. Temp humidity ect. In all racing takes a factor. When I use to race back in the day my 351C modded to no other Ausi heads cut down. 14-1 compression all natural aspirated power glide trans break line lock ect. D1 compound 14.5 rears. The thing running SONOCO or VP it’s high fuel octane to run that hard. My car was 8second consistent. Takes a lot to get it sert. For eights on track. Sent chassis to California to get tagged for NHRA. Just a tune fresh up cost me at least 6k I can’t do it no more.. I’m to old and I played Russian roulette to long.
You are a mechanic ,any good mechanic knows that in order for an engine to run right ,
the engine has to have the right fuel to air ratio ,an engines have to have air or oxygen!.. :thumbs-up:
Would em say I’m a mechanic? I just build stupid stuff as I work on stupid stuff. People trip on what I do. Me it’s every day life.

An
You are a mechanic ,any good mechanic knows that in order for an engine to run right ,
the engine has to have the right fuel to air ratio ,an engines have to have air or oxygen!..
Just a little bit off you FU*kED. And with these tiny engines it's even smaller increments. While tuning and the humidity in the air will screw up your air ratio as it thick and full of moisture.

I like this conversation
Because if I can learn something yes I love it.
For real some of you guys are so smart that’s why I like this forum. Yea kid at heart but man some you are very intelligent. I love to teach but more than anything I love to learn.

I like this conversation
For real some of you guys are so smart that’s why I like this forum. Yea kid at heart but man some you are very intelligent. I love to teach but more than anything I love to learn.
That's what life is about learn and grow or your in a box your whole life
Again ,that revolves around the air ratio ,moister in the air causes the oxygen to become heavy an thin!..👍
Wasn't disagreeing was just explaining what you meant by the air to fuel ratio. Because I'm sure no one thinks about the the humidity I'm the air

I like this conversation

A 1.1 combustible engine that is natural aspirated ,the carb has adjustable needle settings for
air to fuel mixture ,if the carb base gasket leaks ,it will drawl in too much air for the fuel mixture ,
in return ,it will cause the engine to run rough an unstable ,a sloppy carb will cause that too ,if the
bushings for the butterfly shafts that come out of the carbs are worn can cause unstable engine
to run ,that is why the fuel injected engines are more reliable ,but the ECU controls the air mixture
ratios ,one would have to keep those electronics in check though!
That's what life is about learn and grow or your in a box your whole life

Wasn't disagreeing was just explaining what you meant by the air to fuel ratio. Because I'm sure no one thinks about the the humidity I'm the air

Yea ,I know ,was just saying an agreeing with you about that as well ,in which you did bring
that good point up ,an I also know that the weather has been nasty every where across the globe ,
its been too hot here in Cali these past couple of weeks ,hot & humid!.. :thumbs-up: