Capitol City RC Video & Pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Went crawling at my local indoor course today and man have they expanded it since I was there last for a comp.

Here is the Whole video, for some reason Photo Bucket cut it off at 5 minutes.

Pics of the course
P1060951Small.jpg

P1060950Small.jpg

P1060949Small.jpg

P1060948Small.jpg

P1060952Small.jpg

P1060955Small.jpg

P1060956Small.jpg

P1060957Small.jpg

P1060959Small.jpg

P1060962Small.jpg

P1060963Small.jpg

P1060966Small.jpg

P1060967Small.jpg

P1060968Small.jpg

P1060969Small.jpg

P1060971Small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet! looks like a fun place to run.

your truck drives like you are running stiff leaf springs. Why doesn't it really articulate? me thinks your shock setup needs an inspection.

Unless I am stupid I believe that is "no droop"???

come again?

sprung is a standard setup with up and down travel
droop is no springs so your shocks sit at full compression so you have no upward travel and all downward.
i have never heard of a no droop setup

edit. he is running springs so its not droop

droop is not no springs, droop is internal under the piston sprung.

crazy looking course, kinda looks like a pain though to see your rig in some spots.

P1060969Small.jpg

travels pretty good imo, just that right amount.

I don't need a 180* of articulation, it works great for me, and it is a very ruff course. they have stools for the real short guys, I can see ok at 6'5", LOL!!!! but it is not natural to be looking up at your truck in the air 7-8 feet in the air.

Last edited:
droop is not no springs, droop is internal under the piston sprung.

crazy looking course, kinda looks like a pain though to see your rig in some spots.

you're right. i ran mine with no springs since the shocks i was running were way too long.

what do yo think about the truck. seems VERY stiff to me

you're right. i ran mine with no springs since the shocks i was running were way too long.

what do yo think about the truck. seems VERY stiff to me

Well it is deffinitely not a stock AX10 set up that twists real easy.

why the rollover at 4 minutes? i would have imagined the left side would have come down. instead it stays level with the other side.
and again at 2:10. it seems that it just hovers instead of conforming to the terrain

its all a personal preferance. it might look stiff and not enuff flex to some and maybe even too much to others. personally i like this setup he has, i think my setup runs a little softer but I've also ran setups that are really hard to get any flex out of.

for me, the right amount of flex is about a nice tires hieghth of flex. but then some like way more and they like to to flex very easily. i like it to be alittle more rigid, wich imo make it more predictable.

i like keeping the tires on the ground. i know about how far i can go before i will lift a tire. his seems to lift a tire way too soon. this is how i like mine setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
why the rollover at 4 minutes? i would have imagined the left side would have come down. instead it stays level with the other side.
and again at 2:10. it seems that it just hovers instead of conforming to the terrain

At for minutes that is a severe off camber climb, and at 2:10 it settled right down, It does not matter how you set your rig up there will always be times that you will get a wheel in the air, of they will roll, they all have there limits.:D

maybe the camera angle doesn't show it accurately. Then again maybe its just personal preference. I just like a limited but very very smooth system. I like soft springs that let the axles twist under very little pressure but are limited so you don't get to twisted up.

it IS all personal preference. lets try not to kill this thread by having nothing but back and forth debates on whats a better setup.

come again?

sprung is a standard setup with up and down travel
droop is no springs so your shocks sit at full compression so you have no upward travel and all downward.
i have never heard of a no droop setup

edit. he is running springs so its not droop

Dude, that was me being sarcastic! Thus the quotes! Never mind. My comedy is just over some peoples heads I guess! ;)

Dude, that was me being sarcastic! Thus the quotes! Never mind. My comedy is just over some peoples heads I guess! ;)

ahh shoot. it was too early in the thread. i thought we were still being serious. :D

now that i know what you meant, i completely agree and give you a hearty LOL

Back