First 1/10 4wd 13.5 race EVER! RC Underground Arena Thursday club race 6/22/23

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Racing starts at 7:30. I still had the clay setup on the car from Mimi's from Monday. Just put the carpet tires on. Did alright.

In Heat 1 in Round 1: I started off in 1st. Ended in 3rd out of 3 drivers. Man these local guys are fast! Cody is going to help me set up my car with the right diff and shock oils and some fine tuning from him. I was behind a lap. My fast was a 15.5. Average was a 17.2. My Consistency was 87%. Pretty good for me starting out. Even with a bunch of practice over the last few months. Scoring: https://rcundergroundarena.liverc.com/results/?p=view_race_result&id=4415116

In Heat 1 in Round 2: I started off in 3rd. Ended in 4th out of 4 drivers. My fast was a 15.3. Average was a 17.6. Consistency still at 87%. Scoring: https://rcundergroundarena.liverc.com/results/?p=view_race_result&id=4415241

In the B Main: I started off in 2nd and finished 2nd out of 3 drivers. Fast lap at a 15.4. Average at a 16.8. Consistency went up to a 92%! : Scoring: https://rcundergroundarena.liverc.com/results/?p=view_race_result&id=4415436

Overall, pretty fun and good night. Even if I got 3rd/4th in the Quals and 2nd in the main. Pretty good for my first race!

Racing ended at 10:20 and didn't get home about 11:30.

Thursday is also their drift night so I got some video of that.

I also brought the mini b to test out the new BL system and aluminum upgrades. More on that next post :)
These carpet strings are getting out of hand. I feel like we need to hire a cleaning service to vacuumed the track every week. Since no one has been doing it. Lol.

20230622_202109.jpg

20230622_210744.jpg

PXL_20230622_214144043.jpg

PXL_20230622_214441791.jpg

PXL_20230622_223954017.jpg

Painted the mini b axles orange, so I can see them on the track.

Looks like a fun weekend. That place looks massive 😳

Looks like a fun weekend. That place looks massive 😳
It used to be a old Safeway like 10 years ago. This is half of it. The next space over is some sort of art museum thing. They are moving their wall inwards so we will loose space. So that's why they had to take down the carpet drag strip. Not sure how much inwards they are moving.

but only if they had a ST class :p.
Late response. Just looking at old posts.

We can run anything as long as if we have people for it. We didn't get alot of traction / people at that track / location, and the majority of the offroad racers were buggies and Mini B's. We ran mixed short course / truggy once. I saw a stadium truck run with the 2wd buggies once, well twice since I tried to race the rustler too. Its just not alot of people have short course and stadium trucks anymore.

Back