Can I run 3S LiPo with a MAX10 combo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipinda

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
getting back into RC 4x4 cars.

I bought a MAX10 combi MAX10+EZRUN 3652 motor 60A

I want to know if I can run a 3s Battery. Instructions state 2s/3s but not sure if this will fit in my BSD Racing Prime Desert existing battery compartment. This is running on 2s batteries but wanted to see if 3S batteries would give more speed.

Thanks.

Well, if the manual says it's 3s capable, then your only worry is the physical fit of the battery in the model.

Of course 3s will give more speed over a 2s. :) More volts, more POWA! :D

RC Geeks said...
If you like the buggy but are looking for more power, BSD have you covered with a 'flux' brushless edition of the Desert Assault for around 30% more. This takes all of the features of the buggy reviewed here with a healthy serving of extra power thanks to a powerful 3421Kv brushless motor, but note that this model does not come with a charger.

We rate that particular budget motor/ESC combo highly as it fared well in our review on the Flux Storm truggy earlier this year, although we would advise avoiding fitting a 3S LiPo if you value your gearbox.
The Desert Assault is an off-road platform... go put that suspension to work. Those Hobbywing EZRun 3652 G2 motors are legit. I don't know which kV you picked out, but the 4000kV can be a handful while running on rough terrain. I turn the throttle EPA back to 85~90% most days while running a mini truggy on 2S LiPo pack.
That BSD is probably the same as Redcat Racing's Blackout lineup. Desert Assault/Dune Racer buggy and Blackout XBE... I'd look at the reviews on the platforms. Possibly you'll find someone doing a mod on the "trapdoor" battery compartment to fit a 3S pack in there. A Dremel tool with cutting disc may be able to cut some slots in the chassis for Velcro straps, but is it worth that extra speed/power/stress put on the driveline? Hopefully you will find someone with a definite yes/no answer.
1657710063421.png

1657710099277.png
1657710485243.png
1657710571357.png

Last edited:
Back