Buying new used 8ight t 2.0, good deal??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Found what looks to be a great deal. Very new 8ight T 2.0, lots of extra parts, grp motor, 2 dx2e trans and rec, plus couple decent servos, starter box. Basically everything for $350. I got out of the hobby few years back and want to get back in without spending $700+. What do you think?

Is this something you have seen in person or is it online? Have you inspected it WELL? Seen it run? Seen it run thru a full tank of fuel or 2? More info would Def help to answer your question

Is this something you have seen in person or is it online? Have you inspected it WELL? Seen it run? Seen it run thru a full tank of fuel or 2? More info would Def help to answer your question
I'll be seeing it running today and inspecting well before purchase.

Be sure to check the motor for good compression!ale sure the chassis is straight and not all beat up. The price seems good imo, but that is based on What you have said, I don't run 1/8 scale.
Buying used is always a risk, but buying something that you can actually test out and run for yourself will answer a LOT of questions. Be sure the radio gear is all working properly, servos in good working order, no skipping or anything to indicate internal damage. Be sure the air cleaner is intact and clean. Make sure there is no fuel leaking from the motor itself while it is running (you will,need to seal the motor if this is happening) make sure it is tuned right. If it needs tuning to run, let them tune it. So you know that they know what they are doing, and they have been running the car properly.
I would also ask why they are selling, what they did with the car when they were running it etc... This should tell you a lot.

Found what looks to be a great deal. Very new 8ight T 2.0, lots of extra parts, grp motor, 2 dx2e trans and rec, plus couple decent servos, starter box. Basically everything for $350. I got out of the hobby few years back and want to get back in without spending $700+. What do you think?

BOY......Your certainly right about the price of getting back in to race!...WOW
I looked on ebay....an I'm like ,why doesn't he just buy the new 3.0 version for 359 ,then
I see that its only the kit ,....WOW..

I say if its already to go ,then go for it!

thanks guys ill let you know this afternoon how it goes!

Lol! That's a good point... Cash Def talks!
Yeah, the 1/8 scale stuff gets expensive quick! That's why I was thinking, so long as it's in good shape, you're not buying a headache, then go for it!

Pull the glow plug too... Make sure it looks to be in good shape, it isn't all white etc... Look for indications of overheating. See if they used an after run oil too... If you are a believer in after run oil...

Good luck! Post pics of you score!

Last edited:
So i went and checked it out, all batteries were dead, bump box had no bottom so battery kept falling out and had some loose connections because it kept cutting out . He said he had 2 dx2e's but only 1. The other radio he had was a cheap fm. We tried to start it and it wouldnt even fire. Pulled the plug, put a new one in and still no start. He then said its because the fuel is too old but i think thats BS. Anyway, a guy at the lhs here is selling a mugen mbx6t with a dynamite .24xp, good ace servos but i have to buy radio and bump box so I'm gonna check it out, hes asking $250 for the mugen. I had a 5t years ago and loved it!

Ok... As far as the other guy goes... If you can get good compression not the motor and LOW ball him on price, I might still bite but be prepared for a lot of repairs... The radio issues scare me. If there is no compression or the kit looks beat on, just skip it.
I have heard good things about the mugens. Check for availability of parts. They are DEF not like losi parts! Again, check out condition. As far as buying from a guy at a hobby shop... Its either really good, cuz it's been well cared for and maintained... OR he knows there is something deathly wrong with it and is dumping it before it blows... Its like buying a car from a mechanic... Same deal. Mugen is DEF worth a look imo! Again, good luck!!!

Went and checked out the mugen, scooped it up. Hardly any wear on anything, engine seems solid and pretty good digital servos. I'll post a pic when I get a chance

OK well I tried uploading pics through my phone but won't work properly. Anyway, I'm now on the hunt for a good radio. Futaba 4pl is nice but old now. I bought a spektrum dx 2 years ago and had nothing but issues with range etc, but that was old dsm1. I like the dx4s but not sure I want to take the risk. Was also thinking Airtronics mt4, I hear good things about it. What do you guys think of these options?

Although I haven't had the issue personally, there are a lot of ppl who are experiencing range issues with the spectrum.

I have been using the Spektrum since I got back into the hobby about the time I joined this forum and have never had an issue with them. I currently run the DX3S and have had NO issues with it. I am thinking about upgrading to maybe the DX4S or the DX6S because I'm needing extra channels for my trail rigs.

Instead of the box, I got a deal on a airtronics mt4! So pumped to try it out!

Check for compression, signs of wear, worn out parts, screws gone missing etc. See whether he know his stuff and how long he's been racing/using nitro's too.

Back