Built a field box today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Had to work today, so to pass the time I bult a new box to carry all my T-Maxx stuff. Cool thing is that it didn't cost me a dime because I made it out of shipping crate plywood! It's not painted yet, nor did I draw up plans, but I think it will work just fine.

Attachments

• box 1.jpg
    box 1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 208
Another

Attachments

• box 2.jpg
    box 2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 174
Last one

Attachments

• box 3.jpg
    box 3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 170
Sweet

Looks good! Are you gonna paint, varnish or stain it? Is it heavy with all that stuff in there?

Works for me! But how much does it weigh?

Good work!

:batman:

Weighs about ten pounds, and I am gonna paint it blue or somthing. Don't know really. Whats good is that I work out the back of my Nissan Xterra when I take it out so weight really isn't an issue for me.:cheers:

whoa that is big how do you carry it?

i like to store all my accessories in a field box and just bring the car with me sperate but thats a good job. i wouldnt mind somehting like that in my garage or room.

Well, I carry it by the handle, if you notice, the top and bottom latch together with tool box latches. I carry every thing I own that pertains to RC's.

Attachments

• box 4.jpg
    box 4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 161
Originally posted by NCNitro
OMG you have no head! 8-0

Yep, and on Halloween you will see me frequenting bridges on a horse with a flaming pumkin in hand.=devil =devil

Originally posted by M@xximillion

Yep, and on Halloween you will see me frequenting bridges on a horse with a flaming pumkin in hand.=devil =devil

So in other words FastEddy will be with you, lol ;)

Originally posted by NCNitro

So in other words FastEddy will be with you, lol ;)
+

ROTFGLMAO! that's rough dude!

ok that looks awsome. i though it was alot bigger in the other pictures but now that i see a carrying shot it looks really good.

It looks real good:cheerful: I could'nt tell if you put vent holes in the area where the fuel is stored???

Yeah, there in the back, 1/4". THe holes in the fron draws are called fingerpulls. We use them on boats because it is a low profile solution when in a tight area. I used them becaus it is fast and free:D

Nicely done. It looks to be well made. I recommend adding some wheels or something. It looks like it might get heavy when fully loaded. Did you use some extra strong hasps to hold top to bottom? Just curious, looks like quite a load for two little hasps to handle. Aw...here I am picking it apart. Dude, sorry. It looks great.

Back