Building SCX10II - Wanting to use DX6i Controller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbadgley

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I currently have a build...almost complete.. of the scx10ii chassis (first RC Car build), however I have helicopters, so I figured it would be worth just using my heli controller, which is a DX6i.

I ended up buying a Spektrum AR620 receiver, but noticed... nothing is labeled other than 1-6 and batt...

I figured it would be a case of Throttle = ESC, etc.. but without some knowledge I am at a loss..

Can anyone assist with this? (I can take some pictures if so, just ask)

ok if I was you id get a battery to power the new rx then go thru the 6 channels o you can label them on a piece of paper so you know what stick controls what channel..I looked and seen no clear info on channel and stick position.. you will need a battery to power rx then a servo with a horn on it to plug into each channel and go thru what stick position does what.....are you following me?https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMAR620

If you want a traditional twin stick setup, CH1 should be throttle, and CH2 should be steering servo. This is your port map for that RX.

1 Throttle
2 Aileron
3 Elevator
4 Rudder
5 Gear
6 Aux 1

ok if I was you id get a battery to power the new rx then go thru the 6 channels o you can label them on a piece of paper so you know what stick controls what channel..I looked and seen no clear info on channel and stick position.. you will need a battery to power rx then a servo with a horn on it to plug into each channel and go thru what stick position does what.....are you following me?https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMAR620

That definitely makes sense.. I would assume I need the ESC plugged in.. (ESC has the battery connector?)

If you want a traditional twin stick setup, CH1 should be throttle, and CH2 should be steering servo. This is your port map for that RX.

1 Throttle
2 Aileron
3 Elevator
4 Rudder
5 Gear
6 Aux 1

This helps a LOT. I'm thinking probably a case of ESC -> 1, however unfortunately I'm waiting on the ESC now..tried using a loaner, but I think it might be better to wait till mine comes in.. (I should of had it yesterday, but someone who picked up the package at my home, "magically" lost it.)

Thank you for the info, both of you!

Back