Building a Crawler course soon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh sh*t really wow. The RC's took over. It's going to be a badas* table for sure.. how's the Bull Frog doing? How's the max 6 working out?

We still love ya buddy... 😉🤣🤣👍👍. You got to do what I did or what I found really. With the spray foam. And you can bring it anywhere you want really and add to it as much as you want. I will post a pick in a couple mins. I got to go out back it's in the shed right now.
It is working like a dream. Took it out last week and introduced my sister and her BF to the RCs and they loved it. They were blown away with the power.
My Erevo is a kick in the ass.
I want to set up a course in the garage but it needs to be cleaned out first.
No no no no, crawl over the junk.

I want to set up a course in the garage but it needs to be cleaned out first.
So, you're saying it'll probably never happen then.😁
So jealous, Man you got to love the little town in middle of no where. Man I miss liven in Colorado damit 🤦🏻‍♂️ had it the same way walk couple blocks and was at the foothills of the Rockies.
Little town, yes. In the middle of no where, no. It used to be a sleepy, little town, now it's sleepy, little suburbia. Only 20 miles from Boston. I commute into Boston 5 days per week. It's a nice balance. I really like living and raising my kids here.

Last edited:
It is working like a dream. Took it out last week and introduced my sister and her BF to the RCs and they loved it. They were blown away with the power.
My Erevo is a kick in the ass.

No no no no, crawl over the junk.
Hell yeah bud that's awesome bud. Was thinking of building a revo. But might build the Kra8 first. The junk would definitely add to the crawler course for sure..👍👍
So, you're saying it'll probably never happen then.😁

Little town, yes. In the middle of no where, no. It used to be a sleepy, little town, now it's sleepy, little suburbia. Only 20 miles from Boston. I commute into Boston 5 days per week. It's a nice balance. I really like living and raising my kids here.
Thats cool. Oh yeah 100% agree with that. And raising kids out side the city. We don't live any where near a city. NO THANK YOU. Much more peaceful in the suburbs for sure. It gets crazy 4-5 month out of the yr. Cause of all the bennies that come down to the beach from NY and North Jersey. But it's still nice and quiet where I'm at. About 5 miles from coast and 10miles from the Jersey shore boardwalk.
Gorilla paws and micro screws don't go well together. 🤣
No not at all that's for sure. 1.75 screws are a bi*ch..

Last edited:
So here's what I was talking about hope it goes threw.
Assist 001.jpg

What foam did you use? This is so cool.

I was hoping it came out of one of those spray cans from home depot. The ones I've bought in the past would barely work for some hotwheel crawlers, nothing big like that.

Spray foam is good to work with, if you are going to keep it outdoors, paint it with some latex paint. Sunlight eventually breaks down unsealed foam.
I was hoping it came out of one of those spray cans from home depot. The ones I've bought in the past would barely work for some hotwheel crawlers, nothing big like that.
That will work fine, again, seal it with latex paint if using it outdoors.

I have a question, What should I do if my scx24 will only work in reverse with a new motor?

View attachment 144676

What foam did you use? This is so cool.
It's just regular spray foam. But it's the big 5lb cans. Not the little cans of great stuff. Pretty sure you can get it from homedepot. Just pull trigger and let it fly.. hahaha. Or just pop the top. Let it unload on what ever ground you chose. Definitely not on rocks or dirt/grass.better to be on concrete or a piece of plywood.

I'm going to cut out chunks and install some egg stones and bigger rock eventually. In the up coming months. I got a bunch of stuff from job site I work on. Endless supply of material and what not. This stuff would work good as well. And it's only $60..

TotalBoat 2 Lb Density Expanding Foam Kit, 2 Part Closed Cell Polyurethane Liquid Foam for Boat and Dock Flotation, Insulation, Soundproofing and Filling Voids (2 Quart Kit) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AAP3GVE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_GB1764C8G0A5ET7HK788?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Spray foam is good to work with, if you are going to keep it outdoors, paint it with some latex paint. Sunlight eventually breaks down unsealed foam
100% agree with that sir. Sealing it is the way to go. It wasn't sealed right away. That's why it's so yellow. I started adding primer to it this past week. Will eventually hit it with browns, blacks, greys, greens, and what ever else to make it look a little different then spray foam. My other projects in the back ground. A new Xmaxx stand. And a piece for the new Stoner RC shop. Can't wait till I have that done as well..😉🤣🤣👍👍
16489417007498003621739619973690.jpg

Last edited:
I got it fixed, but I can't start building the course as the weather is horrible and I have recently had an injury relating to my left arm which doesn't allow me to use it.

I got it fixed, but I can't start building the course as the weather is horrible and I have recently had an injury relating to my left arm which doesn't allow me to use it.
Well that sucks, take care of that arm so that when the weather improves you'll be ready to go.

I'm in the habit of loading up big flat-ish rocks when I see them. I put this course together last summer. It has held up really well, and there's even one line that has only been cleaned by Taco Truk.
20220515_132803.jpg

The left line is more off camber than it looks, and there's a spot that most trucks need to bump right at the top. The right line is super hard to get onto, and the ledge at the top is formidable, but most 24's can find a way
20220515_132757.jpg

The middle line is actually easier than it looks. It's more about tires than anything else. There's another look at the previous ledge line on the left. The right line has only been cleaned by Taco Truk. It's brutal.
20220515_132749.jpg

Leftest line- steep, but not all that hard. Getting over the top is tricky sometimes.
Left middle- looks easier than it is. The gap transition is pretty unforgiving.
Middle right- super sketchy, and rarely cleaned. It's just a sh*tshow of a line.
Far right- prolly my favorite. It's a steep crack with off camber ledge at the top. If you nail your mid section, you can slow crawl the top, but more often than not, you'll end up tipping because of either the crack, or the off camber ledge.
20220515_132736.jpg

I haven't even climbed these yet. They're actually chicken tombs. I had to pile them up to keep the neighborhood dogs from digging them up. I have to fix my 24's before I can really play on them 🥺
20220515_132727.jpg

20220515_132720.jpg

Hopefully you get some more inspiration from my back yard 😉
And there's also this line if you wanna test your body's durability in a drop test. It's doable, but I usually leave it alone. Big drops and 24's don't seem to mix
20220515_140517.jpg
20220515_140524.jpg
20220515_140530.jpg
20220515_140535.jpg
20220515_140543.jpg

20220515_140549.jpg
20220515_140603.jpg

Lower cg rigs tend to survive the tree much better. 🤣

Last edited:
Back