Building a course in my backyard

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job Mike.

So the next day we had a huge storm here, some advise dont build track under pine tree, its covered in needles

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Yreah I hear ya on that, LOL!!! I have the same problem but with a oak tree.

ah that sucks. I hate pine needles they are a plague on my life.

I have the same problem but with SNOW!!!!

LOL that course sure has grown! It went from cute and manageable, to OMG big! Nice job! :)

Well we have had a few storms here, and the course was trashed with needles. Cleaned most of them out today and finally got a fisheye lens for my camera. Had to film at dusk and had to film it by myself so its not the best quality. Left hand drives and thumb steers and right hand with the camera. Very difficult to do this all at once but it was the best I could do by myself. Not my best driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video for doing all by your self, You should go to Wally World and grab a bag of tennis ball and make some gate markers, so you can run the Mini through a course.

Nice video for doing all by your self, You should go to Wally World and grab a bag of tennis ball and make some gate markers, so you can run the Mini through a course.

Yeah I tried the balls but my dog takes them. I have some mini clay pigeons I will try next, but since its been raining I think they will dissolve.

Made some parts in the course alot higher and steeper. Did a new video using the camera mounted on the remote, very heavy and distracting when I looked at the screen. Also all new electronics, radio, esc, brushless motor, full size servo.

Homemade course

Mike,

I was making a course in my backyard too. Man when I saw yours I was amazed. That is absolutely sweet. Nice work. Where do you get your rocks from?

Keep up the good work...and the vids are awesome.

Mike,

I was making a course in my backyard too. Man when I saw yours I was amazed. That is absolutely sweet. Nice work. Where do you get your rocks from?

Keep up the good work...and the vids are awesome.

The rocks come from here http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=highway+905&sll=32.561436,-117.020166&sspn=0.001026,0.002626&ie=UTF8&radius=0.08&filter=0&rq=1&ev=zi&hq=highway+905&hnear=&ll=32.561454,-117.020158&spn=0.001026,0.002626&t=h&z=19

its a wasteland right next to the mexico border. Tons of people dump trash, debris like concrete and tires. There are also nice natural rocks all over the place you just pick up.

Here is a newer video, more rocks

Those taller tires seem to help out, another cool vid, now it's time to go find a place to go crawl with some different rock terain..

Back