Brushless conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basherwood

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to try and convert a savage from nitro to brushless any ideas would be appreciated. Looking to make it 8s if possible.

Thanks for that any tips on a motor to use with it.

Thanks mate looked into that what a bit of kit.

I'm actually doing the same thing. I converted Nitro TC3 to electric, then did my HPI Firestrom 10t, waiting on the battery trays to finish converting my Savage 25 and the next 1 will be my Savage XL conversion. Not sure what Savage u have. I did all Spektrum ESC's and Motors in my conversions. I'm out of town right now for Thanksgiving but when I get back I can post some pics.

I would say first thing, 8s is way to much power. U will snap drive shafts and probably break diffs since the electric has way more power than nitro. I have and will be doing just 6s. Can always gear it different also to help. U can try 8s but u might be wasting your money if u have buy a 6s setup if it doesn't work. I was gonna do 8s in the Savage XL but after researching is why I read 8s is to powerful.

Which Savage are u converting?

a 8 cell savage.. darn I knew a guy 5 years ago that made a 4 cell and kept break everything. and he had 100's of dollars in hop up in that thing...8 cells on 1/5 scale can be Hard..Good luck..

I've heard that also. So far with my other 2 conversions I haven't broke anything but those are only 3s. Once I get my battery trays, which I've been waiting on for a month now, I will be able to tell u what "s" battery it can take

I'm actually doing the same thing. I converted Nitro TC3 to electric, then did my HPI Firestrom 10t, waiting on the battery trays to finish converting my Savage 25 and the next 1 will be my Savage XL conversion. Not sure what Savage u have. I did all Spektrum ESC's and Motors in my conversions. I'm out of town right now for Thanksgiving but when I get back I can post some pics.

I would say first thing, 8s is way to much power. U will snap drive shafts and probably break diffs since the electric has way more power than nitro. I have and will be doing just 6s. Can always gear it different also to help. U can try 8s but u might be wasting your money if u have buy a 6s setup if it doesn't work. I was gonna do 8s in the Savage XL but after researching is why I read 8s is to powerful.

Which Savage are u converting?
You did an e conversion to a Firestorm? Did you just buy the electric chassis and stuff or did you make a motor mount and stuff?

You did an e conversion to a Firestorm? Did you just buy the electric chassis and stuff or did you make a motor mount and stuff?
Yup, took a nitro firestorm 10t and made it like an e firestorm.. I bought a motor mount then modified it to fit the old nitro motor mount holes so I can move it to adjust for gear size.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_Plus_1601412588311.jpg
    PhotoGrid_Plus_1601412588311.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 59
  • PhotoGrid_Plus_1601412376370.jpg
    PhotoGrid_Plus_1601412376370.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200929_154528.jpg
    20200929_154528.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200928_210043.jpg
    20200928_210043.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200929_154428.jpg
    20200929_154428.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 55
I have the savage flux hp, which is the shorter savage. It's a pain to drive on 4S and just stupid on 6S.

Odds are, your going to want a center diff and will need BP diffs in the front/rear along with the super HD bones/axle stubs. Without all that, your going to be fighting a losing battle out of the gate.

I got the super 5SC transmission with center diff in mine from rc4me.us. Looks like they have a trans for the nitro version that's single speed/center diff now as well: https://rc4me.us/product/hpig89017/

They also have the BP diffs and pretty much everything you need to build a flux/flux hp.