Breydon's Associated DR10 Unboxing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you two are having a great time with it.
It is a lot of fun. I am wondering if we should grab another one, or if we should grab a Traxxas Bandit or AE SR10. I really want that Pro-Line Pinto body and it is built to fit those two chassis.

The AE is kind of a no brainer as there is only one model to consider. But with the Bandit, there are 3 models. I am not familiar with the Bandit, so I'm unsure what the differences are between the 3 models other than the electronics, which I would likely swap out anyway. Anybody know?

It would be a Spring project anyway, so focusing on the X build for meow.

Last edited:
Theres 2 brushed and one brushless Bandit. The only difference in the two brushed version is the more expensive one comes with batteries and charger, the cheaper one does not. The bandit is almost the same as the Rustler and I think the Rustler is the better rig but if your buying it to fit a specific body that wont work for the Rustler then I guess thats a moot point :)

Theres 2 brushed and one brushless Bandit. The only difference in the two brushed version is the more expensive one comes with batteries and charger, the cheaper one does not. The bandit is almost the same as the Rustler and I think the Rustler is the better rig but if your buying it to fit a specific body that wont work for the Rustler then I guess thats a moot point :)
So do they have better diffs and such in the brushless version? It's a pretty big difference just for better electronics. I can do some research, but was kinda hoping someone knew, to save some digging.

So do they have better diffs and such in the brushless version? It's a pretty big difference just for better electronics. I can do some research, but was kinda hoping someone knew, to save some digging.
Not sure, I never owned a brushed Traxxas kit.

Not sure, I never owned a brushed Traxxas kit.
I am just researching because there is not really any sense buying a car with a bunch of expensive electronics I don't need when I can buy the brushed version for almost half the price. That was my thinking a few minutes ago anyway. Then I found out Jenny's sells the Bandit VXL stuff. Problem solved 😉

Little run vid with the dual rate turned up. It's a little too fast now for this parking lot and just spins the tires. Going to have the try some Pro-Line Hoosiers on it.
The hoosiers really hook. I have them on both my dr10s. I'm now looking at using my felony rear tires on it as my tires keep blowing off. A good cheap motor and esc upgrade is the max10 from hobbywing. I'll get specifics a little later but I have that in one and it's quicker even on 2s.

The hoosiers really hook. I have them on both my dr10s. I'm now looking at using my felony rear tires on it as my tires keep blowing off. A good cheap motor and esc upgrade is the max10 from hobbywing. I'll get specifics a little later but I have that in one and it's quicker even on 2s.
Cool. I was actually looking at the Max10 earlier. I think because it was so cold out the other day when we ran, it was getting a little squirrely. After he made a couple runs it started to hook a little better.

We didn't do much of a burnout, but I really got a kick out of watching him do his first burnout in that vid. He'll be a gearhead by the time he's 12 if this keeps up 🤗

This is what I'm running in one dr10Xiangtat Hobby Wing EZRUN Max10... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NRYPDXS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Screenshot_20211108-174641_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Nice. That is the one I just put in my wishlist. But I actually have a Castle Sidewinder 3 setup with (I think) a 3600kv motor I may throw in it. I bought it a few years ago for a build that I ended up selling when I became disabled.
If the castle needs a new home I'm sure I could give it a good one 🤣

Yeah, your son is adapting to drag car throttle management just fine. I see a Stock Eliminator title in his future. :thumbs-up:

Looks like AE's got a winner too.
Yeah, he got better than me at it very quickly, which is funny, because the bashers he has a hard time driving a straight line in the dirt. But this drag car, all the runs you see except the last one in the vid is him. And you can see within a few passes he had it down. I was a proud papa for sure.

I am just researching because there is not really any sense buying a car with a bunch of expensive electronics I don't need when I can buy the brushed version for almost half the price. That was my thinking a few minutes ago anyway. Then I found out Jenny's sells the Bandit VXL stuff. Problem solved 😉
Xl5 is bushings, vxl has adjustable links, bearings. If you buy a bandit for use with other wheels, you may need a longrr rustler axle and 12mm hexes.

The bandit is narrowed, and uses pins in the wheels. The axles and arms are shorter, but is the same otherwise to a rustler besides gearing.

Xl5 is bushings, vxl has adjustable links, bearings. If you buy a bandit for use with other wheels, you may need a longrr rustler axle and 12mm hexes.

The bandit is narrowed, and uses pins in the wheels. The axles and arms are shorter, but is the same otherwise to a rustler besides gearing.
So Rustler axles work in the Bandit to go to 12mm hex wheels?

So Rustler axles work in the Bandit to go to 12mm hex wheels?
Yes. Front and rear. All the 2wd, slash, stamepede, rustler, bandit are interchangqble, the drag slash should be also.

Yes. Front and rear. All the 2wd, slash, stamepede, rustler, bandit are interchangqble, the drag slash should be also.
Good to know. Thanks for the help, because I am a bit lost here 😜

The only Traxxas I have ever owned is my Jato, so not familiar with all the interchangeable bits. I saw Pro-Line has a lot of cool stuff for converting the Slash over. They are proud of those shocks though, but they sure look nice.

Good to know. Thanks for the help, because I am a bit lost here 😜

The only Traxxas I have ever owned is my Jato, so not familiar with all the interchangeable bits. I saw Pro-Line has a lot of cool stuff for converting the Slash over. They are proud of those shocks though, but they sure look nice.
The main differences in all those 2WD Traxxas kits are mostly chassis and tires. There are subtle other differences too but theres a lot of interchangeable parts.

I will have to post up a research thread when I get to the Bandit build. With Christmas coming I am trying to not spend too much til I figure out what to get him. But I've been looking, and in January we get a pretty good increase in our SSID, so I will at least have play money again 😉

I will have to post up a research thread when I get to the Bandit build. With Christmas coming I am trying to not spend too much til I figure out what to get him. But I've been looking, and in January we get a pretty good increase in our SSID, so I will at least have play money again 😉
One good thing traxxas does is exploded views. I can't find it on the site anymore so heres a link.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=traxxas+bandit+exploded+view&t=samsung&iax=images&ia=images

If drag racing, the stock 3 casted gears in the tranny may need replaced here and there, the spur, I would go with a traxxas 3 screw 32 pitch off the nitros. That is a direct swap to the bandits cluch assembly. It gave me a little durability in the spur.

Last edited: