Breydon's Associated DR10 Unboxing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traxxas is very good with exploded views.
One good thing traxxas does is exploded views. I can't find it on the site anymore so heres a link.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=traxxas+bandit+exploded+view&t=samsung&iax=images&ia=images

If drag racing, the stock 3 casted gears in the tranny may need replaced here and there, the spur, I would go with a traxxas 3 screw 32 pitch off the nitros. That is a direct swap to the bandits cluch assembly. It gave me a little durability in the spur.
I will be building this off of Jenny's site, grabbing the main components, then put together a list of things to buy elsewhere as upgrades. Is there a transmission upgrade for the Bandits like the Pro-Line Slash?

Oh hell. The Pro-Line transmission fits the Bandit too. Problem solved.

I will be building this off of Jenny's site, grabbing the main components, then put together a list of things to buy elsewhere as upgrades. Is there a trannmission upgrade for the Bandits like the Pro-Line Slash?
That I'm not sure on. The traxxas drag slash tranny should line up. I think a few companies make the internals. They have a shop on ebay selling spur eliminators. The proline, if works on the slash, has the same holes as the others. I bought a 2wd tranny on craigs for my stampede. Bolted right up.

Ill look in an hour when I get home. Robinson racing sells the idler gear. I think hot racing has a diff, and strc or flm used to. You got me curious now. 🤔

That I'm not sure on. The traxxas drag slash tranny should line up. I think a few companies make the internals. They have a shop on ebay selling spur eliminators.

Ill look in an hour when I get home. Robinson racing sells the idler gear. I think hot racing has a diff, and strc or flm used to. You got me curious now. 🤔
It says on Pro-Line their trans fits the Bandit as well. It's hidden at the bottom of the description 😉

Now... who makes an RC line-lock, trans brake, and a 5000 stall? 🤣😜🤗

One good thing traxxas does is exploded views. I can't find it on the site anymore so heres a link.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=traxxas+bandit+exploded+view&t=samsung&iax=images&ia=images

If drag racing, the stock 3 casted gears in the tranny may need replaced here and there, the spur, I would go with a traxxas 3 screw 32 pitch off the nitros. That is a direct swap to the bandits cluch assembly. It gave me a little durability in the spur.
Do they have 32P nitro spurs? I know the REVO and the TMAXX use Mod1.

I will be building this off of Jenny's site, grabbing the main components, then put together a list of things to buy elsewhere as upgrades. Is there a transmission upgrade for the Bandits like the Pro-Line Slash?

Oh hell. The Pro-Line transmission fits the Bandit too. Problem solved.
Yeah, all the Traxxas 2WDs that Chewy mentioned earlier all use the same transmission. Bandit, Rustler, Slash, Stampede etc

Just out of curiosity, Why are you converting a Bandit to a no prep car instead of the Slash?

Last edited:
Do the have 32P nitro spurs? I know the REVO and the TMAXX use Mod1.

Yeah, all the Traxxas 2WDs that Chewy mentioned earlier all use the same transmission. Bandit, Rustler, Slash, Stampede etc

Just out of curiosity, Why are you converting a Bandit to a no prep car instead of the Slash?
To use the Pinto body. The Slash will be a 67 Mustang or 69 Nova.

Some are marked mod 1, some are 32p, and some are 32p/mod1 or mod.08 in the mix

I havent bought spurs in 5 or 8 years, but I got some a few months ago and its 3960 spur gear 0.8p 65t emaxx.

Big Congrats again on the gifted DR10. If your serious about getting into the drag racing scene ... Use the DR10 as a donor car. Get a carbon chassis of your choice and build it using the DR10. (that’s what i’m doing) I suggest the Maclan DRK esc. Get away from the KV motors and look at the turn motors. 3.0-4.0 turn motors by companies like R1, Motiv, Maclan, Revtech or maybe a custom built motor from Roto Ron or Dessert Hobbies. Speed cost money. Tires ... Get a set of Reactions or if you ever see the VooDoo’s grab them... I use the Reaction belted. Change out the RX/TX to a better one... The list goes on and on for what you can do, It’s how much you want to spend. Watch guy’s like Tim Smith, Mark Vyne, Dessert Hobbies Podcasts for advise. There’s so much to learn about drag racing, alway’s be a student. I have found the offerings from Losi and Team Assoc. are much better than the Traxxas. JMO Good luck and have a lot of fun with it. It will be a great winter project/build.

Big Congrats again on the gifted DR10. If your serious about getting into the drag racing scene ... Use the DR10 as a donor car. Get a carbon chassis of your choice and build it using the DR10. (that’s what i’m doing) I suggest the Maclan DRK esc. Get away from the KV motors and look at the turn motors. 3.0-4.0 turn motors by companies like R1, Motiv, Maclan, Revtech or maybe a custom built motor from Roto Ron or Dessert Hobbies. Speed cost money. Tires ... Get a set of Reactions or if you ever see the VooDoo’s grab them... I use the Reaction belted. Change out the RX/TX to a better one... The list goes on and on for what you can do, It’s how much you want to spend. Watch guy’s like Tim Smith, Mark Vyne, Dessert Hobbies Podcasts for advise. There’s so much to learn about drag racing, alway’s be a student. I have found the offerings from Losi and Team Assoc. are much better than the Traxxas. JMO Good luck and have a lot of fun with it. It will be a great winter project/build.
I am disabled, so not able to go anywhere to race competitively. This will just be a part of the hobby my son and I enjoy and have fun with here in the parking lot at my apartment. And as you can see in the vid, traction is a major issue here. So building anything really fast is going to be detrimental to that whole fun thing. Plus we have parked cars to worry about.

I am building a Slash next, then a Bandit. They will be plenty fast enough for what we are doing, but I'd love to build something similar to what you are someday, just because it looks like something fun to build. But that is a long way off 😉

Last edited:
You have to condition your tires. Take the rears off and put some WD40 on them and leave them in a plastic bag a day or two. This will make them softer. Reactions tires are way better than the stock or even the Hoosier brands. They hook so much better so you go straight. Tire sauce is very helpful also. I use Reaction time tire sauce. I’m still looking for a homemade sauce that will work as good, but still looking. Sorry to hear about your disability, We have a guy in our club that’s restricted to a wheelchair. He’s very fast and having a blast racing. If your able to bash, then drag racing shouldn’t be anymore difficult. Great bonding/ wrenching time with your son. I bet you have a no prep club near you. Just go watch, ask questions and learn. Having fun with it is what it’s about.

You have to condition your tires. Take the rears off and put some WD40 on them and leave them in a plastic bag. This will make them softer. Reactions tires are way better than the stock or even the Hoosier brands. They hook so much better so you go straight. Tire sauce is very helpful also. I use Reaction time tire sauce. I’m still looking for a homemade sauce that will work as good, but still looking. Sorry to hear about your disability, We have a guy in our club that’s restricted to a wheelchair. He’s very fast and having a blast racing. If your able to bash, then drag racing shouldn’t be anymore difficult. Great bonding/ wrenching time with your son. I bet you have a no prep club near you. Just go watch, ask questions and learn. Having fun with it is what it’s about.
My disability limits me to about 5 minute car journeys. I have difficulty standing for long periods, but even more difficulty sitting upright. So I will never be able to use a wheelchair, or go anywhere away from home for more than 15 minutes at a time or so, unless I am in a bed in an amulance 😉

Sorry to hear that... Enjoy the DR10 it’s a great platform...
My disability limits me to about 5 minute car journeys. I have difficulty standing for long periods, but even more difficulty sitting upright. So I will never be able to use a wheelchair, or go anywhere away from home for more than 15 minutes at a time or so, unless I am in a bed in an amulance 😉

Reactions tires are way better than the stock or even the Hoosier brands. They hook so much better so you go straight.
So the Hoosiers were what I was really wanting. Mostly because here in Indiana, it's kinda popular for some strange reason lol. But that sucks they aren't as good as the plain black Reaction tires. I am a huge fan of the white lettering on the drag tires.

So the Hoosiers were what I was really wanting. Mostly because here in Indiana, it's kinda popular for some strange reason lol. But that sucks they aren't as good as the plain black Reaction tires. I am a huge fan of the white lettering on the drag tires.
As long as it has the white triangle block you can watch for tire spin.

They look great on the car and I can see the Hoosier connection .... LOL ! They just haven’t hooked up as good on my rig as the reactions.
I change out my tires after testing or race day. I keep my racing tires in a plastic bag cleaned in my pit box and not on the car when not used.

They look great on the car and I can see the Hoosier connection .... LOL ! They just haven’t hooked up as good on my rig as the reactions.
I change out my tires after testing or race day. I keep my racing tires in a plastic bag cleaned in my pit box and not on the car when not used.
So, have you tried the M/T slicks off the Drag Slash? I assume being a stock tire they are probably crap.

Also, you may not know the answers here, but the Reactions come in the normal and wide widths. Which ones should I grab for the DR10? I see the wides require a different wheel as well. Will these fit? I don't see the wheel offsets for each listed anywhere 🤬 Also, while we are on the subject, will the wides fit the Slash? Do they stick out farther, or are they wider inside? Sorry, I know. I'm a noob lol.

So, have you tried the M/T slicks off the Drag Slash? I assume being a stock tire they are probably crap.

Also, you may not know the answers here, but the Reactions come in the normal and wide widths. Which ones should I grab for the DR10? I see the wides require a different wheel as well. Will these fit? I don't see the wheel offsets for each listed anywhere 🤬 Also, while we are on the subject, will the wides fit the Slash? Do they stick out farther, or are they wider inside? Sorry, I know. I'm a noob lol.
My M/T’s came off my Losi 22s drag rig. I use them when the car is sitting and swap them out when I run the rig. I use the reg width belted reaction tires on the “wide” Proline rims... Yes, they will fit and hold air to. I also use the Proline Split Six beadlocks... Can’t run air with those rims but, either width tire will fit on those and change out quick with no mess. I really hate gluing tire but, it’s just part of the game. I have a few different combo’s of tires Air- No air, reg width foam/ no foams. If you have a track surface that really hooks... Use the foam, greasy hard to hook tracks use no foams. I carry a box full of combo tire in bags.