Break in after rebuild?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The carb is open 1mm and does not close when the brakes are applied. I'm leaning towards the LSN being too rich. Unfortunately it's raining and I won't be able to mess with it today.

The carb is open 1mm and does not close when the brakes are applied. I'm leaning towards the LSN being too rich. Unfortunately it's raining and I won't be able to mess with it today.

Well ,if the engine revs up high after you let off the throttle ,it maybe too lean.
If the engine simply dies ,it could be too rich ,what is called a loaded up mixter ,which accures when
a engines sits at idle.Some people keep their engine rich like I do ,an keep the revs up to keep the engine running,
even when braking.

Some of my vids ,you will notice that I blip the throttle in entervals so the engine doesn't load up with fuel an die ,as
I do run my engines filthty rich.

Your engine may not be too far from a good tune!

I did notice that rod ,it appears that it was badly under stress!
My theory is too much fuel putting the engine in what you call a semi hydeaulic loc which puts the rod in dramatic
stress under pressure when the fuel detonates under combustion!

That's why I urge people to replace it after break ins!

Last edited:
There is no need to break it in, because your not changing the piston or sleeve, they are already bound to be flush with each other.

Try simulating what would happen, but with the engine off. Take off the air filter and watch the idle gap.

what about old fuel, it seems to have happened to me when having only about 500cc left out of a gallon. It ran so well I was very proud until a couple of days ago it would start to shut off when slowing down to do a 180* about-face.

I don't know if you got this straightened out but was thinking... You might have a clutch issue going on... It SOUNDS like the car comes to a complete stop if you idle down from some speed... Indicating its not a clutch issue, but I may have gotten that part wrong... In which case, check your clutch! :hehe: