Bought a new battery to test out/Has anyone had this charger before

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Its the time of year where the batteries I'm using are loosing power so I bought a 2s lipo to test out. This is a cheap amazon lipo. 6200 mah and a 50c discharge rate. I didn't think about this before but since this is a 6200 mah battery I would need to charge it at 6 amps right? The traxxas charger I'm using only charges up to 4 amps. Would I still be able to charge/discharge it at 4 amps? Little short story: My uncle used to race and he used to charge all of his batteries at 10 amps so when he was racing, one in his buggy and one on the charger and the battery would be fully charged in 20 mins and ready for the next race. This is the battery I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NBN1XWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Also does anyone have this charger or have any experience with it? Hitec X2 AC 10amp
PXL_20220308_231439790.MP_2.jpg

I bought the same charger, I like it. I haven't used it enough to give you any advice but I do know, it charges pretty slow on 1A.
I'm not really bothered by that because I usually charge all of my batteries up while having my morning coffee and breakfast.

50c right why buy these cheap batteries to race. that traxxas charger will work but it will be slow Id invest in a decent 20 amp charger and a 12 volt power supply you will have that for your lifetime in rc a toolkit M6 or M8 will do the job great

If I'm not mistaken, the higher the amp, the less capacity. I charge my last 3 5200 at 2 amps. No issues. I discharge them in my truck.

If I'm not mistaken, the higher the amp, the less capacity. I charge my last 3 5200 at 2 amps. No issues. I discharge them in my truck.
I get about the same amount of mAh at <1c and =1c. I charge at 1c because it's much faster than <1c.

Just saw this pop up so I'll guess ill leave a review.

Year review

After a year, cells are still balanced, and IRs are still low and equal (last time I checked was 1.0 per cell) which is really good. While my Hoovo, 80C, 5200 batteries are a little high IR (7.0 per cell) , and one of those Hoovos, the cells are unbalanced by .20v.

Been mixed bashing and 3 club races so far. Pretty good battery. Using this as a backup and will use my SMC 90C 7200 stick packs for racing (main packs) and this as a backup if needed.

Regarding the charger, using a SkyRC T200, I balance charge all the batteries at 10A. Good charger, fits my needs for right now. Might get that new gensacearespammers D300 soon and keep my T200 as a backup or at home charger.

Back