Born-again beginner car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glass Bullet

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This past summer I had my first nitro rc car (an Exceed Forza) but it gave me a lot of trouble (i never really got it running smoothly) so I kinda lost interest in the hobby. But recently I've been thinking about getting back into it with a new car and a fresh start so I know what to do this time.

If I do get another car in the future, I would probably want to get an off-road 1/10 scale buggy or stadium truck. Although, I'm open to other kinds. I want to get a nitro engine car, not an electric. My price limit is probably around $250 or a little higher. Any suggestions for makes/models of 1/10 buggies/stadium trucks (or other kinds) would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I want to know more about rebuilding engines. Like how often it must be down, what must be down, and maybe the price?

Oh, one more thing. How long does nitro fuel last if it is kept in the container sealed in the right conditions for storage?

Thanks, and if you need to know more feel free to ask.

Last edited:
IMHO i would try to get the car you already have running, no sense dumping away more money just to find out if you like the hobby or not. what were the problems you were having with it? a lot of guys on this site can definitely get you pointed in the right direction to get that thing running.

but if you really have your heart set on trying it out with a new truck, i got a jato and love it. maybe see if you can pick one up used

I would look and a t-maxx or a savage they are both very duriable I know that the savage is a little more than the t-maxx. They are both 4wd, so thats just my opinion.