Bodyshell reinforcement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leyla1989

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
How. Many people reinforce their shells for bashing ? If so what do you use . ?

Intrigued to see how many people do this ?

Leyla

image.jpg

I do not, If I have a huge problem tearing up a lid I try to find an indestructible body for it on ebay. or proline makes a line of idestrucible type bodies. Havent tried theres yet tho

I read about "Body Armor" (Dragon Skin) on the forum a while back. I got some. If feels as strong as the dry wall tape and shoo goo I've done but alot less mess. I haven't applied it to a body yet but think it will work good.

I've used flex seal they make a few colors and clear i like the cans. but it will add weight to rc .and make it top heavy but holds up o abuse and road rash

I've used flex seal they make a few colors and clear i like the cans. but it will add weight to rc .and make it top heavy but holds up o abuse and road rash
I always coat the inside of all of my bodies with Flex Seal clear spray. They've held up very well like that.
This ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ is the direction I'm moving to. Currently, I only do certain areas of a body with drywall tape & E6000. I don't like Shoe Goo period... not for the hobby anyway. I prefer E6000 as it is not as thick as Shoe Goo.

I will add, I have been using these foam discs since like forever. Stick 'em at each hole under the body. Lil' bit of cushion is always good in my book. :celebrate:
1674682754742.png

Last edited:
Zip ties are my friends! I just keep zip tying the cracks until I can't anymore! Gives it some character! :D
Zip ties are my friends! I just keep zip tying the cracks until I can't anymore! Gives it some character!

Last edited:
Hvac aluminum tape has worked well for me. Have not heard of anyone else trying this method. It's a no mess, no dry time with a lower cost then gorilla tape.