Bodyshell reinforcement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

leyla1989

RCNT Member
Reaction score
How. Many people reinforce their shells for bashing ? If so what do you use . ?

Intrigued to see how many people do this ?

Leyla

image.jpg

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I do not, If I have a huge problem tearing up a lid I try to find an indestructible body for it on ebay. or proline makes a line of idestrucible type bodies. Havent tried theres yet tho

CharlieTuna

RCNT Champion
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I read about "Body Armor" (Dragon Skin) on the forum a while back. I got some. If feels as strong as the dry wall tape and shoo goo I've done but alot less mess. I haven't applied it to a body yet but think it will work good.

tntpoof

Forgot more than most will ever know!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
I've used flex seal they make a few colors and clear i like the cans. but it will add weight to rc .and make it top heavy but holds up o abuse and road rash

HeavyBag

RCNT Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've used flex seal they make a few colors and clear i like the cans. but it will add weight to rc .and make it top heavy but holds up o abuse and road rash
I always coat the inside of all of my bodies with Flex Seal clear spray. They've held up very well like that.
This ☝️ ☝️ ☝️ is the direction I'm moving to. Currently, I only do certain areas of a body with drywall tape & E6000. I don't like Shoe Goo period... not for the hobby anyway. I prefer E6000 as it is not as thick as Shoe Goo.

I will add, I have been using these foam discs since like forever. Stick 'em at each hole under the body. Lil' bit of cushion is always good in my book. :celebrate:
1674682754742.png

Last edited:

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Zip ties are my friends! I just keep zip tying the cracks until I can't anymore! Gives it some character! :D
Zip ties are my friends! I just keep zip tying the cracks until I can't anymore! Gives it some character!

Last edited: