Blade Nano QX with SAFE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Practice more

Sure it is very difficult in the beginning, but as we Practice more, the muscle memory becomes better trained.

Imagine the added difficulty of us with a little age, and our gradually slower reaction times?

These innovations won't help a whole lot, when it comes to flying CP models though.
But it all helps when starting out.

Chas

Last edited:
Seems to take a bit of the skill out of it... but for a shlub like me, things like this are a necessity!

It won't take any of the skill out of it in acro mode, at least I don't think so. The Openpilot CC3D flight controllers on my quads are extremely stable in attitude mode, but throw it in rate or Vbar mode and it's all on you. I'll be honest, I like my CP helis, but man I'm addicted to throwing the quads around these days. Silly fun, and they just sound mean!

I tend to agree

It won't take any of the skill out of it in acro mode, at least I don't think so. The Openpilot CC3D flight controllers on my quads are extremely stable in attitude mode, but throw it in rate or Vbar mode and it's all on you. I'll be honest, I like my CP helis, but man I'm addicted to throwing the quads around these days. Silly fun, and they just sound mean!

Flying my 4 quads are nearly equally exhilarating.
But you have to fly a micro quad indoors to really see how quick and agile these little things can really be.

Dumbed down, they can be pretty docile, but turn up the dual rate and expo controls and you can really have some fun.

Chas

Yeah, I flew an MQX for about a year before taking the plunge on a larger quad. I can't even fly the MQX now as I'm so used to the responsiveness of the larger quads. It just feels slow and laggy now, but it's not the quad, it's simply what I've gotten used to.

Back