Best online rc retail stores?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noah Zimmerman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I would like to hear what people think is the best online store. I grew up on tower hobby catalogs in the eighties. Now, after getting back into it, it seems tower/horizon is not the same anymore. I dont have a hobby shop in my city so I get things online. I have now bought from tower, horizon and Amain. After a few different orders I realized I can get most of the same things from Amain with no tax and free shipping over $100. I'm guessing tax may depend on what state you are in but that can add up on a $400 car or whatever. Also, they have a similar points program to the others. Who is your go to online store?

I like using amain and horizon most. I haven't bought anything from tower hobbies since horizon bought hobbico. I use horizon because it is usually 2 -3 days for the part to get here.

For me it used to be RCPlanet until it was bought out.

I use amain, rpphobby, and ebay. On ebay I research parts price before, and after its in my cart, I browse the store. If its shipping per item I grab what I need only.

I have yet to try Traxxas direct.

This is why I mostly shop at Tower
Screenshot_20220316-193753_Chrome.jpg

These codes don't work on most stuff, but if I am buying anything that these coupons work on, especially Kyosho car kits for example, this makes for a really good deal. I don't believe Horizon has these coupons.

This is why I mostly shop at Tower
View attachment 143926

These codes don't work on most stuff, but if I am buying anything that these coupons work on, especially Kyosho car kits for example, this makes for a really good deal. I don't believe Horizon has these coupons.
I remember years ago on the trx forims, people made out like bandits with all the discounts they did at once.

We should all pitch in on a time machine.

I use amain, Amazon, eBay, beachrc, rotorron, reds racing, Holmes hobby primarily. Couple other specialized sites for drift parts.

I remember years ago on the trx forims, people made out like bandits with all the discounts they did at once.

We should all pitch in on a time machine.
Yeah, I find myself waiting for the $85 off coupon, and 4x points. It makes me feel like a bandit sneaking out of the store with an SCX24 hidden in my coat. Or if you watch, some items give a bunch of bonus points.

Examples
Screenshot_20220316-201436_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220316-202022_Chrome.jpg

I placed a $700 order at Christmas. Total savings off normal prices after the sales, coupons, and points was near $250.

Yeah, I find myself waiting for the $85 off coupon, and 4x points. It makes me feel like a bandit sneaking out of the store with an SCX24 hidden in my coat. Or if you watch, some items give a bunch of bonus points.

Examples
View attachment 143928

View attachment 143929

I placed a $700 order at Christmas. Total savings off normal prices after the sales, coupons, and points was near $250.

😮😐😐

I need to buy a new car. Been stocking up on parts. Some are pricey too!

Any recommendation for Europe?

I can for sure buy from USA but I need to be aware on the spent to avoid customs and delays.Plus highest chance to get lost.

TIA

Back