best car!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VtecScott

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
whats is the best car set up for drifting?? make model??

and what are the best mods, to make driting easier, better??
e.g. battery, motor, wheels/tyres?

many thanks

p.s. money is no object, i want best to achieve the best in mi eyes

Last edited:
Look into HPI and their Sprint 2 Drift. Many others will chime in as well. Look for Coby and Alpine to post later.

P.S. I WISH that money were no object...

cheers mate i no dont we all, well i have round bout £300 maybe a bit more, am loving the look of drifting with electric, cheers for your sujestion mate.

I use a Tamiya TT01 for drifting, they arnt to expensive and theres a lot of hop-ups.

Look into HPI and their Sprint 2 Drift. Many others will chime in as well. Look for Coby and Alpine to post later.

P.S. I WISH that money were no object...

Nope. Nothing comes to mind. Drifting is my one weakness that I havent gotten into yet, mainly because of lack of driftable grounds around here.

I thought you might chime in on the battery/motor/esc side of things. I am surprised Coby wasn't all over this...

all you need would be a high torque motor i would believe, somthing like a 15-12 turn, or a lower KV brushless setup.

the sprint 2 drift is already rtr
i dont think you'd need much more

I use a Tamiya TT01 for drifting, they arnt to expensive and theres a lot of hop-ups.

the tt01's are great for the fact that parts are easy to get and they are cheap!!! they are very good little rigs for the buck...i would stay away from the E10's though, my opinion, they suck stock.

Also another good thing about the TT01 is that if you just feel lile driving normall, just put on some road tyres and it still drives amazing. Thats what i do. Some drift cars are just set up for drifting and thats it.

Not entirely true. You can have a drift car (Ex. Yokomo Drift Master) and still tune everything up to be worthy for carpet racing, driving around the parking lot, and everything else. I know some people do that. But yeah, they come stock as drifters. The TT01 is a great car though. Cheap, many hop-ups, and good design.