Bent rotor, need a replacement what are you running?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
So I was doing some maintenance/cleaning today on my Slash after my race weekend and I noticed a strange wear pattern on my pinion. Pulled the motor out put a new pinion on and went to set the mesh. Well… I set the mesh then rolled it over by hand and checked again and it was mega loose. Reset, feels nice, roll it over and it’s super tight. Pull the motor out and get my dial indicator. Set it up on the spur. That’s nice and true. Take the motor apart, put the rotor on some v blocks and check it with the indicator and I have over .02” runout. It’s junk…

Now I’m in the market for a solid SCT motor/ESC combo. I’m not spending any money on the Traxxas stuff. I have a Castle 1/8 buggy setup in my other slash but that’s not gonna fly at the track. I have this Castle setup (pic below 👇) in my cart on A-Main, but before I pull the trigger I’d like to see what you’re all running and if you like it. Or if you don’t.

I'm familiar with Castle’s interface and have all the cords and stuff to program and adjust so that’s a big part of why I’m leaning that way. Also it has a beefy 5mm shaft. But if one of you has a compelling argument to why I should go a different direction I’m all ears 👂

IMG_2250.jpeg

Back