Beer Help......yeah Beer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Keg-o-rator, small refrigerator for a keg and it's got a tap on top....uses Co2 to keep the keg pressurized....there is a regulator and it's set for 20 PSI, I've tried everywhere from 5 to 30PSI and get the same results.......I put a fresh CO2 can in w/ this keg and when I try to pour from the tap it really foams up alot...(normally too much head would not be words in my vocab....but)
if I bleed the CO2 valve at the keg before I tap, it's slow but no foam...I just wasted a whole can of Co2 and the keg is only half empty......anyone know WTF is wrong here??? How do I not have to bleed the line to tap this puppy

lol,Doesn't beer normally foam when it's coming from the tap,could be that you need to run lower pressure,and I've got a suggestion,beer in can's/bottles is way easier plaidman

Is the keg up to..Or I should say down to the temp you like it at..
The keg needs to be at a stable temp.

I have found in the past Gettin the keg to temp.And letting it rest for 24 hours is best..
CO2 should run about 10 to 12 PSI..:2cents:

I have seen Lower PSI Around 7 to 8 PSI

OH ya keep the tap clean...And check for leaks

Another PS!
Turning the regulator up and down will unsettle the beer...Cauesing it to head!

OOPS 1 more thing expect about a 5 to 7% loss For start up and end..

Last edited:
LOL...Thanks Zandor....I almost Pm'd you w/ that question instead of posting it........for some reason I knew you'd be the kegorator goto guy here....
oh it's clean alright....it's the stainless steel one and it's going to be parked right next to the old hurricane donated palm frond pattern couch....how long does a keg last in them typically?
I asked someone else and they said never....My roomate bought it and it's friggen cool as hell to have a faucet of beer......next is the 1/2 keg o guiness....

LOL Dude I am a beer Master..
I in the past have had kegs on tap for as long as a month and a half..And never changed taste...

ICE HOUSE.....................MAN here

Anybody make their own?

Not trying to derail you post, plaid.
Kid got me one of those "Mr. Beer" deals several years ago. I made several batches with it. Guess you would say it was a "heavy" beer. Was good, but not something you want to drink a lot of.

Z is the man. The keg should be good for a while as long as you don't disconnect it a lot and retap it. I thought someone told once (a bartender) that Guiness comes in two kegs, one is the "liquid" and the other is the heavy "sludgey" part? Anyway enjoy and we used to run ours (when I was in college) at about 7psi.

Z's got you on the right track, ace. I usually keep my regulator at 10 PSI and make sure the keg is nice and cool (that, in my opinion, is the key) and consistent. Letting it warm up and rechilling will cause it to foam like a mofo! How big is your CO2 tank? I've got a five gallon tank and it'll last me three or four 1/2 barrels before it needs refilled.

One other tip. If your kegarator has wheels, resist the temptation to constantly roll it around. Just like a can of beer, shaking the keg up, especially tapped, will have the same effect has shaking a can of beer up. If you move it, give it some time to settle or you'll be in foam hell!

I guess the issue was me being impatient then......and then leaving it at 20 PSI or so.....thanks for the Beer tips guys......and this stays cold all the time...it's a small refrigerator that holds the keg inside and it's plugged in 24/7...what's point if you can't just turn on a beer faucet at will right.......