been busy with new toy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergoff

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I'm a vintage bike nut. A few years ago I found this bike for a friend. His son rode it for 2 years and parked it because it wasn't charging the battery. He asked me if I would fix it because I had on before. I told him no I will buy it. Well he said no and I left it at that. 3 years later he said $350 and I could have it. I jumped all over it. Well all that it needs is new brushes they are shot. I hate the handle bars and seat and sissy bar. I will be doing a cafe racer build with it. I just ordered the brushes and a set of clubman bars. I also will be installing a set of straight pipes with free flowing megaphones that I bought on fleabay for $5.It has a small oil leak and the seal is a pain to swap so a buddy will be doing that for me. It a 1979 XS650 special. I can't wait to hit the road again. It will feel like I'm 16 all over again. My first street was just like this same year and color. :D

Attachments

• 2011-03-16_14-37-19_354.jpg
    2011-03-16_14-37-19_354.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 2011-03-16_14-37-07_902.jpg
    2011-03-16_14-37-07_902.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 76
Wow, that's a great deal. I'd love to have an old XS, and a garage for a winter to do the same thing. Post some of the build pics as you go, and good luck, sounds like a great project.

I will post so more pics this weekend when by parts come in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Its a great feeling riding on an old machine. Great find!
My first (and only for now) was an 82 Honda Nighthawk.
Didnt do wheelies, but sure was a blast.
This should be a more interesting project than my tv stand

What size was your night hawk? I have a friend with a 650. What a nice bike. I was trying to get an 85 off of a guy it was flawless paint wise but it was stuck in neutral and we couldn't work out a price.

I have always liked older bikes better. At least this bike has a cult following so parts are very east to find. Unlike that pos suzuki gt750 that I lost my ass on a few years ago. I've also been looking for another yamaha rd they are a blast.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

it was a 450. just enough to make things pucker lol

I haven't updated my motorcycle project in awhile. It only cost me $17 to fix the the charging issue. I had the seat redone and installed some clubman handlebars. I still need to get some led turnsignals and some different exhaust I don't like the 2-1 setup on there now. I'm really looking forward to going in a long ride.

Attachments

• 2011-06-03_09-53-53_135.jpg
    2011-06-03_09-53-53_135.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 63
Back