Bad to worse...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good afternoon to all-

So I was flying one of my micro warbirds- Japanese Zero it was, and had a good flight and brought it in for a hard surface landing attempt. Touched down and then hit a pebble and bounced and flipped out of control and crashed on the other side of the landing road upside down. Well, that's not so good, but when I went over to recover the plane and put the break-away prop back in position, I found that the plane had crashed right on top of a fire ant mound and the resident ants were not happy with this intruder. the little plane was covered with angry ants ready to bite and sting whatever they could find. I put the plane back down again. quickly.
I let the plane sit until the ants cooled down and crawled off- most of them anyway, and then put it back up in the air again.
I hope any ants left aboard fell off and were killed in the fall.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good afternoon to all-

So I was flying one of my micro warbirds- Japanese Zero it was, and had a good flight and brought it in for a hard surface landing attempt. Touched down and then hit a pebble and bounced and flipped out of control and crashed on the other side of the landing road upside down. Well, that's not so good, but when I went over to recover the plane and put the break-away prop back in position, I found that the plane had crashed right on top of a fire ant mound and the resident ants were not happy with this intruder. the little plane was covered with angry ants ready to bite and sting whatever they could find. I put the plane back down again. quickly.
I let the plane sit until the ants cooled down and crawled off- most of them anyway, and then put it back up in the air again.

The only good fire ant is a dead fire ant! 🤣

You were wise to walk away. Fire ants are deadly. Literally.

Personally landed belly down atop a fire ant hill during a tactical night training exercise back late '80s. Didn't realize it until it was too late and my whole body felt like it was, yeah, on fire. Medevacked out and spent two days in ICU and since then have had an extreme sensitivity and allergic reaction to any and all insect bites.

Bashing off-road, I always do a terrain walk to ensure I'll encounter no adverse threats. Stay safe. Cheers. 'AC'

Good afternoon to all-

Yeah pebbles and micros don't play well together. I gotta say, the fire ant situation is a new one. I can just picture fire ants raining from the sky after you launched again. 🤣