Back to the drawing board.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I went over to my freinds house after school, to see that he just got a brushless e-maxx! I still can't belive he has one. Anyways i watched him run the stock batteries that came with it and had good power, Then he through in his 2 venom 3cell 5000mah battery's for 6s and i couldnt belive what i saa. He pulled wheelie's at any speed and I'm really impressed. Now that I have seen a brushless maxx run in person i feel I'm back to the drawing board. What to get the brushless maxx or the savage, I have the worst case of MIXED FEALING"S about this subject i dont know what to get.

And yeah you can laugh at me for not getting my mind strait on what truck i want lol

That would be the first thing to figure out before starting a build thread.

well etheir way their will be a build thread.

The Savage pulls wheelies at any speed as well. Did he do any backflips for you?

As far as being tough I just "landed" my Flux upside down from 6 feet up running up a tree, yes a tree and all that popped off was a (1) spring retainer. I also managed to get a locknut to spin off the tire, truck stopped tire kept going...

He fliped it on its back with a wheelie bar. but no back flip.

And how far did the wheel go lol?

Blah thats nitro no fun lol.

Yeah I have seen the video's but its just something about seeing it in person and knowing what it will do out of the box. As of right now i dont know any one in person who has one, not saying i wont get one but would make it easier.

He fliped it on its back with a wheelie bar. but no back flip.

And how far did the wheel go lol?

I see where you're coming from seeing the Emaxx in person. You said on its back. A blip of the throttle (and i mean blip) of the throttle then back on full brakes does a single backflip on 6s on the Flux, with the wheelie bar installed.

Not sure where the difference is but if you're talking a stock truck, so am I. Oh, and i was on the brakes so it was going pretty slow when it came off but it did roll 20 feet from where the truck stopped

Last edited:
One up your buddy, show up with a new Flux and a pair of 3s saddle packs, tell him you want to race.

Yeah I'm talking stock to stock trucks. And you got lucky only rolling 20ft or so. Back when i had my maxx i did a full speen run on the local golf couse and one of my wheels came off and i had to go chase it all the way down the 6th fair which is 320 yards!

I was just thinking some venom 3 cells 5000mah should do the trick in etheir truck!

I know i have one so I am biased but i agree with alien...if you show up with a Flux you show up the Maxx

I'm running dual 3s Sky Lipos 5000mah 40c continuous 80c burst... ungodly power

That sounds kinda fun IMO.

Like I said, I know what a factory Flux is capable of and I have to say, I think power wise it has way more than the Maxx. Top speed is not possible on the factory tires neither is accelerating quickly. If the Maxx can beat you, its because its way more controllable with less power or gearing, whatever the case may be

The flux does not have any more power than the maxx, it's just a different platform. Both trucks have the mamba monster sytem. The maxx could actually be faster and more efficient with it's plastic gears. Your buddy's maxx probably needs a slipper adjustment and/or better batteries. There are many things that can be tinkered with to make one faster than the other. My e maxx does 1.5 backflips when I hit the throttle. I adjusted mine with castle link to soften it up a little so now it does just one backflip if I hit the throttle hard. It also handles better, and the tires don't balloon as much, making for a more controllable truck. In the flux's defense I'd say it's tougher than the maxx and equally as fast.

Well it does come with steel drive line's and things like that which would aslo cost a fotune trying to upgrade the maxx too

That is true. I've upgraded to center cvds, bulkheads, a-arms, hinge pins, and shock towers on mine. I've run at least 15 charges through it and all I've had to do is re-tighten some stuff.

I guess i rather just have the truck come with that stuff. I mean 600 for a maxx and then another few hundred to get it to where it needs to be sounds kinda dumb to me.

Back