Back to the drawing board.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least the maxx comes with two nimh batteries. I sold mine in unused condition for 45 bucks.....plus I only paid 509 for the new truck, it showed up on christmas eve.:D

The flux does not have any more power than the maxx, it's just a different platform. Both trucks have the mamba monster sytem. The maxx could actually be faster and more efficient with it's plastic gears. Your buddy's maxx probably needs a slipper adjustment and/or better batteries. There are many things that can be tinkered with to make one faster than the other. My e maxx does 1.5 backflips when I hit the throttle. I adjusted mine with castle link to soften it up a little so now it does just one backflip if I hit the throttle hard. It also handles better, and the tires don't balloon as much, making for a more controllable truck. In the flux's defense I'd say it's tougher than the maxx and equally as fast.

How many flips would it do without adjusting it with the castle link? I'm just curious, i know my Flux will do 3 but its damn near impossible to come close to landing it. I need a Link for mine so i can dial it down a little bit. My tires are ballooning at half throttle when its running 40 or so, so the only time i hit full throttle is to flip it or have it pull a wheelie. My street tires are on the truck for delivery for today though :)

As you guys said, the Flux is built with every HD part HPI makes so there is no upgrading to be done as you pretty much can't. I love mine, would like to see an Emaxx in person too.

Yeah i wish it came with battery's, just another expense. I like that the maxx comes with batteries, nimh expesialy because i like to have them for warm up then use lipo to kick it into gear. I have a fealing because the maxx doesn't come upgraded it would be awhile befor the truck is finished.

If you enjoy upgrading and wrenching on your rigs then go for the emaxx. You can spend some time getting to know her and building it up to your liking.

You just texted me saying dont get an e-maxx make up your mind lol.

And by the way it dont matter what rig it is i allways tear it down to nothing and rebuild when i clean it anyways!

How many flips would it do without adjusting it with the castle link? I'm just curious, i know my Flux will do 3 but its damn near impossible to come close to landing it. I need a Link for mine so i can dial it down a little bit. My tires are ballooning at half throttle when its running 40 or so, so the only time i hit full throttle is to flip it or have it pull a wheelie. My street tires are on the truck for delivery for today though :)

As you guys said, the Flux is built with every HD part HPI makes so there is no upgrading to be done as you pretty much can't. I love mine, would like to see an Emaxx in person too.

#1 factor in the backflips, tires. Traxxas tires don't balloon into pizza cutters like the flux wheels. It sounds like you are talking about jump flips though. I'm talking about standing backflips, from punching the throttle at a standstill. They both should do 1 and 1/2.
I turned the punch control down to 75% on my truck, it helps, but I'm thinking of lowering it more.

Well my freind also had his wheelie bar set pretty low so I'm thinking thats why he didnt do a full flip. And to be hounest i think he was taking it easy.

#1 factor in the backflips, tires. Traxxas tires don't balloon into pizza cutters like the flux wheels. It sounds like you are talking about jump flips though. I'm talking about standing backflips, from punching the throttle at a standstill. They both should do 1 and 1/2.
I turned the punch control down to 75% on my truck, it helps, but I'm thinking of lowering it more.

factory tires on the Flux is 3 standing backflips... as i said hard as hell to land. 2 is manageable but can do 3. When landing 3 the truck is facing west, not north

and this is with no dial down, I'm talking factory trucks without the link

i did 2 backflips in hobby town on their carpet in less than 15 feet and that was full throttle then instant full brake and still hit the shelf lightly...lol

Last edited:
I don't believe it, I've never seen or heard of a flux doing 3 standing backflips.

Go to 1:25 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeRysc6u_A8"]YouTube - Flux like a pro! Part 2 - MASSIVE POWER[/ame]

Regardless, you've got two trucks with the same power system, one needs a few upgrades to make it tough, the other one is tough but doesn't handle as well, and has pizza cutter tires.

If you have 600 to spend on one it's wise to have at least 200 more for batteries and/or parts.

Last edited:
he got 1.5 not even trying to, he was trying to land just the one. 3 is rare because traction is limited but 2 can be done no sweat. i never have anyone to video it for me but I will try. now that my street tires came in maybe ill have more traction on the pavement. i can do one in the grass from a rolling start at about 10-15 mph with the stock tires

also, his batteries in the video are 28c, mine are 40 continuous 80 burst. one of the connections came a little loose on my speed control from the motor and almost burned all the way through the terminal from the arcing

and heres a double in slow mo
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbDdKQPwnlE"]YouTube - Savage Flux Standing Double Backflip[/ame]

this is what i meant when i said it doesn't face north it faces west..its right at the end of the vid, he used a little ramp to get two but he didnt need it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUq_6J5Ft4Q"]YouTube - Savage Flux Standing Backflip Double Backflip Mamba Monster[/ame]

Last edited:
Aww sick indeed!

Incredible!!! If I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it. A double back flip from a standing start!!! I'm amazed. :whhooo:

Told you :) I do it all the time, and as I said with the punch of my Lipos I've gotten 3 but traction must have been awesome...

I belive you, but I'm going to have to get one so i can do it to.

Mudslinger you wanna help me fund my savage build and get ur self a badass slash lol!

No thanks, your slash sucks! JK :hehe: Maybe you can start a fundraiser or ask for donations.

No lol, I will sell the truck and or just keep saving.

I bet he does now lol!

Back