Axial Yeti Build + Upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After @Racer 1966 stole that Yeti out from under me i decided something had to be done!

Ignore the furniture, i am on a job and living at the HIE.
Let the build begin!!

yeti.jpg

Running Parts List:
This will be a place for me to keep a list of what i am planning to buy. Feel free to comment on the list

1. RPM lower front arms
2. Beef Tubes for the rear axle
3. MIP rear shaft
4. HD Ring and Pinion

Last edited:
Well after delicately slicing through the axial seals,the box slowly opened. There was an intense flash of light and chorus of rejoicing heavenly bodies. Once that subsided, the YETI emerged.

yeti2.jpg

Oh yeah, picked this up for it too. The LHS promised me some wheelspeed. :D

batt.jpg

Yeti build? It's a ready to run version. ;)

Looking forward to the upgrades you have planned for this!

Haha, I was going to make a joke about how I must be the fastest builder around but i was too caught up oogling it. :)

The LHS didn't have any of the kits in stock :( I would have preferred one but this will do.

Going to have a little fun with it as it is for now but i needed a "holder" thread. :)

you would have to mention it! Talk to Holiday Inn!
The faux leather sticks to me when i sit there nekid. Boom, get that outta your mind!

Still haven't run this thing! I charged the battery, and let it go a few feet on the hotel carpet. Weather has been pretty bad and i didn't want to get it too nasty on its maiden voyage. :)

Might just save it and let the kiddo's break it in for me.

Still looking at parts so suggestions are welcome.

I had this same idea, but when I was web browsing I chose an ascender.

The 5yr old broke it in for me. Fun truck!
Screenshot_2015-05-24-22-56-53~2.jpg

I got to get mine running now.

Time to pull out the Twin Hammers and play in the mud!

So does yours stink. I pulled mine out of the box last night finally and wow I had to let it air out, very strong plastic smell to it.

Smells like most new Axial rigs. :). Yeah it stinks

Thanks did you do anything to it before the first run outside of charging batteries. Going to give it a try before I add the upgrades to it.

Nothing at all. Gave it a slow test drive to make sure the drivetrain was smooth. It all looked and felt great so I gave the "trigger" to my son for a a full 3S pack. Some decent scrapes on the skids but no failures

Cool going to start off with my 2S packs I talked about in my other thread that I bought for the EXO that I still haven't ran yet.

Let me know what you think about the speed on 2S. It was slower than I imagined it would be on 3S. Not a slouch but not a screamer either.

Back