Axial Yeti Build + Upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm convinced it's the plastic axle housing that is flexing under stress.

So another 100+ for vanquish goodies if I want to run 3S?

Not sure I want to turn this into a 1K rig

But at least it won't eat gears any more. Vanquish is shipping the rear for $85 with free shipping.

Yeah but if I go vanquish I will get the axle, diff cup, truss and lockouts.

I guess if I knew for sure that would fix the problem it wouldn't bother me as much. Just don't want to spend the money to find out that the only solution is a backed off slipper.

Some of the guys on another forum have gone with the underdrive gear set for the diffs. I am still running stock gearing on mine with no issues once I found the missing bearing on the pinion. They say the under drive gears fit a little tighter when installing them.

I guess if I knew for sure that would fix the problem it wouldn't bother me as much. Just don't want to spend the money to find out that the only solution is a backed off slipper.

I shimmed the gears perfectly and it still jumped a tooth once in a while, I have tore it apart a few times and I found no sign of wear on either gear which is why I think it's the housing. But the statement above is why I'm hesitant to drop a C note and not cure the problem. This is one of the funnest rc's I have owned but it is a pain at times.

So another 100+ for vanquish goodies if I want to run 3S?

Not sure I want to turn this into a 1K rig

But the statement above is why I'm hesitant to drop a C note and not cure the problem. This is one of the funnest rc's I have owned but it is a pain at times.
Both of y'all should send me $25, I'll put in the other $35 and order the axle housing. I'll beat on it for a little and let you know if it holds up, that way if it does still have the issue, you're only out $25. I'll end up being out $35, but I'm willing to do that for you guys. Let me know if y'all want in on this limited time offer. :D

I have read about people still having heat issues with aluminum housings including vanquish. Someone pointed me to DLUX Fab, they sell truck parts but they also have a few rc crawler parts. They modified a plastic housing to use a 5x13 bearing for the inner pinion bearing. For $20 this might be worth a shot.

Info from their site

http://www.dluxfab.com/products click on store tab then rc crawler parts

"Axial Wraith housings that have had the bearing area modified for a 5x13 bearing. The bearings are set in the housing so a standard (new) ring and pinion will be just a hair too tight but perfect when broken in. Comes with gear side bearing installed."

Dluxfab_zpscqo92hgy.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was going to pick one up from gcm since they did great work on all the esavage parts but I am thinking a 2s and a backed off slipper is the most practical.

Here is a link for the gcm stuff
http://gcmracing.ca/viewitem.php?productid=140

I have read about people still having heat issues with aluminum housings including vanquish. Someone pointed me to DLUX Fab, they sell truck parts but they also have a few rc crawler parts. They modified a plastic housing to use a 5x13 bearing for the inner pinion bearing. For $20 this might be worth a shot.

Info from their site

http://www.dluxfab.com/products click on store tab then rc crawler parts

"Axial Wraith housings that have had the bearing area modified for a 5x13 bearing. The bearings are set in the housing so a standard (new) ring and pinion will be just a hair too tight but perfect when broken in. Comes with gear side bearing installed."

Dluxfab_zpscqo92hgy.jpg

I use his exo/yeti bulkheads on my bmrc if/rs wraith......wrexo thingie.

Thanks for the info. I was going to pick one up from gcm since they did great work on all the esavage parts but I am thinking a 2s and a backed off slipper is the most practical.

Here is a link for the gcm stuff
http://gcmracing.ca/viewitem.php?productid=140

I have a set of these, I think at the time when I got mine I was one of the first to request a 5 X 13 bearing, or at least that's what it sounded like when they said it was a good idea to have over sized bearings.

That's odd you guys are having so many issues with the bearings and heat. I know other Wraith owners have reported the issue also, but so far I've been lucky to have no issues, and I run only 3 and 4s in it. Then again, I don't run mine a whole lot. But if the issue pops up, I'll definitely be ordering the D'lux setup for mine.

I have read about people still having heat issues with aluminum housings including vanquish.
Wasn't that with the old version? Their new V2 is made to use a 5x14 bearing, that should be much better than stock and you can say your bearing is bigger.

By the way, my offer still stands....just send the $25 my way.

Back