Axial RR10 Bomber

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I never really did an official thread on my Bomber other than announcing I got her in a trade. A very good trade I might add.
I would love to take credit for all the upgrades but I can't other than a few cosmetic upgrades I added.
Here she is complete and a kick in the arse to run.

Metal frame

Tekin Pro4 HD motor

Tekin RS esc

Tekin T440 servo

External bec

Vanquish Method wheels

Proline Hyrax 2.2 tires

KYX Aluminum body panels

Vanquish knuckles and lockouts

Diff covers

Roof protector

Window nets

Motor fan

Decals

Painted fuel cell

I have an metal internal cover but not so sure I am going to install it. The metal frame is a solid one piece so I have to take it completely apart if I want to install the cover.
King shocks are cool but I hate the color so those will be changed in the near future.

IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG

It will take a few minutes to take it apart but I'll get some picks after the BSU game...;)

I've only ran it in the back yard but soon we will be able to get out for a while.
I ran it on 2s but I'm sure I'll keep it that way. Perfect for down on the river in rocks. ;)

I never really did an official thread on my Bomber other than announcing I got her in a trade. A very good trade I might add.
I would love to take credit for all the upgrades but I can't other than a few cosmetic upgrades I added.
Here she is complete and a kick in the arse to run.

Metal frame

Tekin Pro4 HD motor

Tekin RS esc

Tekin T440 servo

External bec

Vanquish Method wheels

Proline Hyrax 2.2 tires

KYX Aluminum body panels

Vanquish knuckles and lockouts

Diff covers

Roof protector

Window nets

Motor fan

Decals

Painted fuel cell

I have an metal internal cover but not so sure I am going to install it. The metal frame is a solid one piece so I have to take it completely apart if I want to install the cover.
King shocks are cool but I hate the color so those will be changed in the near future.

View attachment 131946View attachment 131947
Hell yeah man!!! THATSA NICE RUG YOU GOT BUDDY!!!👍👍 awesome details as well. I would think the metal internal cover wouldn't allow for to much air flow. For cooling of the electronics? Could be wrong. She's She's beaut man.. bet she would fly on 3s😉🤣. You could always just remove the color of the shock bud. Here watch this..

That's actually a good idea.

That's actually a good idea.
I never knew this either. We made lots of parts in the race shop I worked at that were anodized, and every once in awhile we would have to return the parts to be re-anodized. I always wondered how they stripped them.

But most of our parts were hard anodized, which actually penetrates the surface just a bit. Like .0002" if I remember correctly. I wonder if this works on hard ano parts 🤔

You can also anodized that parts as well. It's a process but save you money and can make it how you want.

"How to Anodize Aluminium at home Step by Step" http://astro.neutral.org/anodise5.shtml
Here guys a another video on doing it on RC parts..

I can see the de-anodizing but the anodizing seems like a lot of work and the chemicals are not my idea of a good time. o_O

Back in the early 80's we used Easy Off oven cleaner to de-anodize our bike parts. I just read on the Arrma forum that 5 minutes in bleach works with no scrubbing. Bet a lot of folks wish they had known that.

That's worth a try. We definitely have some bleach.

I've removed anodizing by soaking parts in "greased lightning" before but the oven cleaner seems faster.

Yeah I saw that while looking for ways to get rid of this pick chassis for the duratrax restoration.. thought it was a good idea. Might give it a go and see what happens.on something small and see how it looks after tomorrow.. have over cleaner under the sink 🤣🤣
I agree about the anodizing parts of it. Does seam like alot of chemicals. Not sure how that would turn out. But I figured I throw it out there since. Your not a fan of the shock color. You can remove it aleast.. probably end up all chrome👍👍