Arrma TLR Tuned Typhon: Race Ready Roller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Have you guys seen this? Opinions?

ARRMA TLR Tuned Typhon 4WD Race Buggy Roller
ARRMA TLR Tuned Typhon 4WD Race Buggy Roller featuresARRMA TLR Tuned Typhon 4WD Race Buggy Roller videoARRMA TLR Tuned Typhon 4WD Race Buggy Roller action

Don't know about performance, never had a racing rig, but she is pretty. I love my 6S Typhon as a parking lot basher. :thumbs-up:

Have you guys seen this? Opinions?

ARRMA TLR Tuned Typhon 4WD Race Buggy Roller
ARRMA TLR Tuned Typhon 4WD Race Buggy Roller featuresARRMA TLR Tuned Typhon 4WD Race Buggy Roller videoARRMA TLR Tuned Typhon 4WD Race Buggy Roller action
I just got this email earlier. It looks great. It's nice to see Arrma stepping into the race scene with the Typhon. The only thing that concerns me is like with the Kraton chassis supposedly being 7075 T6 aluminum, and it bends? I have seen lots of people saying this. It makes me leary of anything they sell that is made out of aluminum. I sent them an email about their chassis telling them how to test and see if it is actually T6, because their supplier is obviously ripping them off. They replied stating their chassis is definitely T6. I just laughed and asked them why are they bending then? They never responded.

I just got this email earlier. It looks great. It's nice to see Arrma stepping into the race scene with the Typhon. The only thing that concerns me is like with the Kraton chassis supposedly being 7075 T6 aluminum, and it bends? I have seen lots of people saying this. It makes me leary of anything they sell that is made out of aluminum. I sent them an email about their chassis telling them how to test and see if it is actually T6, because their supplier is obviously ripping them off. They replied stating their chassis is definitely T6. I just laughed and asked them why are they bending then? They never responded.
The freakin chassis is too thin. At least in terms of the K8. It could be made out of 7075 but if its too thin its still gonna bend or break. Its a real shame cuz the chassis is one thing that a hobbyist shouldnt have to worry about upgrading O__o

As for the TLR Typhoon, I'm not convinced its going to be up to par when par is companies like Losi, AE, Xray, Serpent, Mugen, Hotbodies, etc. I do wish them luck Id love to see Arrma join the ranks with the likes of those companies but Arrma is owned by HH along with Losi. Why would they pit Arrma against Losi in that scene? Seems like an odd move.

I seen it a few day ago on the Arrma forum somebody posted and I think they are a great looking rig.
I have the Arrma Typhon Mega fully modified to run 4s and love it.

The freakin chassis is too thin. At least in terms of the K8. It could be made out of 7075 but if its too thin its still gonna bend or break. Its a real shame cuz the chassis is one thing that a hobbyist shouldnt have to worry about upgrading O__o

As for the TLR Typhoon, I'm not convinced its going to be up to par when par is companies like Losi, AE, Xray, Serpent, Mugen, Hotbodies, etc. I do wish them luck Id love to see Arrma join the ranks with the likes of those companies but Arrma is owned by HH along with Losi. Why would they pit Arrma against Losi in that scene? Seems like an odd move.
If it really thin, I can see it bending. But even 7075 T6 1/8 thick will break long before it will bend and retain a warp. I am willing to bet it would fail a simple hardness test.

If it really thin, I can see it bending. But even 7075 T6 1/8 thick will break long before it will bend and retain a warp. I am willing to bet it would fail a simple hardness test.
IDK, I dont have the original chassis to try it. The stock chassis is only 4mm thick. The JBI chassis I have on mine is a minimum of 5mm thick but as thick as 9mm in other places, plus its 7075 aluminum.

IDK, I dont have the original chassis to try it. The stock chassis is only 4mm thick. The JBI chassis I have on mine is a minimum of 5mm thick but as thick as 9mm in other places, plus its 7075 aluminum.
Kevin Talbot has a vid where he bent his stock Kraton chassis. When he pulled it from the truck he smacked it with a hammer and tweaked it with one hit. When I saw that I am 100% certain that ain't 7075 T6. Nowhere near it. I have machined semi loads of that stuff and have seen improperly heat treated 7075. It it soft like buttah. The aftermarket chassis he wailed on it with a hammer and it stayed perfectly flat. That is what 7075 T6 does 😉

Kevin Talbot has a vid where he bent his stock Kraton chassis. When he pulled it from the truck he smacked it with a hammer and tweaked it with one hit. When I saw that I am 100% certain that ain't 7075 T6. Nowhere near it. I have machined semi loads of that stuff and have seen improperly heat treated 7075. It it soft like buttah. The aftermarket chassis he wailed on it with a hammer and it stayed perfectly flat. That is what 7075 T6 does 😉
I think the stock chassis is 6061 T6 which isnt as hard as 7075 but is still supposed to be hardened aluminum

Back