armma infraction max 6 esc (can it handle 8s)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankvee

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi there all. So I wanted to try to run my infraction on 8s. First is it better to run 2 4s batteries or 1 8s battery. Second will the max 6 be able to handle 8s? Please any suiggestions and recomendations would truel;y help me out. Thanks

I'm using it in my Infraction right now with a 1250kv out of my old Outcast 8s. I had it laying around in my parts bin so figured why not. It will run 8s most definitely. It was heating up pretty fast tho. But in its defense I was running a 29 t pinion I use for speed runs. I'm sure it would be better for parking lot bashing with a smaller pinion. I Run mine on 6s for parking lot bashing anyway. Theres just no need for 8s

Great just the pro I was looking for. So I am running a 27 tooth pinion gear on 1 6s battery and I have mainly been doing speed passes so of coarse its getting hot and cutting out. Now are you running any type of cooling fans? Is there anything to gain by running 2 4s packs or do you still get the same power as 1 8s pack? So if the motors getting hot I take it the esc is too? I'm not trying to drag race my truck but I do have a few friends that say there cars are faster than my truck and they all have traxxas rcs. Hopefully you can give me feed back on these questions I have. Thanks allot hope tp hear back from you soon.

Great just the pro I was looking for. So I am running a 27 tooth pinion gear on 1 6s battery and I have mainly been doing speed passes so of coarse its getting hot and cutting out. Now are you running any type of cooling fans? Is there anything to gain by running 2 4s packs or do you still get the same power as 1 8s pack? So if the motors getting hot I take it the esc is too? I'm not trying to drag race my truck but I do have a few friends that say there cars are faster than my truck and they all have traxxas rcs. Hopefully you can give me feed back on these questions I have. Thanks allot hope tp hear back from you soon.
Oh shi# we are both named Frank thats pretty cool....

i use a Max 6 in my X-Maxx fine so far only a few packs through though running it on 8s and 14t pinion and 54t spur i need to gear it down tbh i can't say anything about it in infraction though

The MAX6 rated for 8S so it should do 8S. The stock motor is only rated for 6S though so you'll need to change that also.

As for the batteries the only thing about running packs in series is to make sure that you keep the batteries in matched pairs. Other than that its the same voltage either way.

Yes, chances are if your motor is running hot then your ESC probably is also. Get a temp gun so you can keep tabs on temps so you dont permanently damage something. Now if you put a MAX6 ESC in it and only Run 6S then your motor would get hot still but the ESC not as much since you wont be pushing the MAX6 as close to its limits as you are the motor. Oh, and I would definitely run cooling fans on everything.

The infraction is not a dragster out of the box. It’s a basher / speed runner. Drag cars are not going to be speed run cars either. Yes I run dual 40mm 3s powered external fans. One on my ESC and another on the motor. However, I have the fan on the ESC plugged into the fan port because it still flows a lot of air. I don’t think you will see much a difference as long as they are the same C rating. I run 2 8000 MAH 100c 4s packs when I do speed runs.
https://www.powerhobby.com/phf118-blue.html

The MAX6 rated for 8S so it should do 8S. The stock motor is only rated for 6S though so you'll need to change that also.

As for the batteries the only thing about running packs in series is to make sure that you keep the batteries in matched pairs. Other than that its the same voltage either way.

Yes, chances are if your motor is running hot then your ESC probably is also. Get a temp gun so you can keep tabs on temps so you dont permanently damage something. Now if you put a MAX6 ESC in it and only Run 6S then your motor would get hot still but the ESC not as much since you wont be pushing the MAX6 as close to its limits as you are the motor. Oh, and I would definitely run cooling fans on everything.
Always a pleasure Thanks..

Back