Are there any Scanner nerds willing to help a Scanner newbie?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjo_Z2005

RCTalk Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just got a Whisler WS1010, I got something down (i think..) with getting onto freqs,
I know what RadioReference is / the scanner freq website,
when I try to program to get a freq on there, there is nothing, no static nor audio when I try to get onto it...

does anyone know how to get a freq to go when I type it in?

(please keep in mind I'm brand-spanking new to this I know little to nothing about this, but want to get into it.)

61wQf2mpuqL.jpg

My bad! For whatever reason I was thinking the OP was talking about 3D printing. These kind of brainfarts happens when you start work at 5:30am and don't drink enough coffee 😁
Man we just can't take you anywhere.

Howdy Banjo.
  1. The frequency database might be out of date, and there might not be anything there.
  2. The frequency user might have gone to a digital mode and if your scanner is expecting plain FM, you will not hear anything.
To test if you are following directions correctly, try programming the National Weather Service - one of the frequencies on 162.xxx MHz. Those transmit 24 /day. Where I live, I can pick up 3 different NWS stations.

I do not know your scanner, but if it can receive FM broadcast, (88.9 to 107.9 MHz) you could also listen for a local FM station to test.

You are always welcome on my short bus brother.

Back