Anyone running nitrous?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could always sniff it then push the savage around lol

Say what you will but unless you have tried it, your opinion doesn't matter. Nitrous DOES work on these engines, sure it probably shortens engine life but I don't care, I do keep several new motors laying around, its not like they are very expensive or hard to change.

Say what you will but unless you have tried it, your opinion doesn't matter. Nitrous DOES work on these engines, sure it probably shortens engine life but I don't care, I do keep several new motors laying around, its not like they are very expensive or hard to change.

Good luck with it. You've got many THOUSANDS of hours of experience trying in vain to help you out but you don't want to hear the advise you asked for.
Hook up with Ean. He can make a special fuel for you.

Good luck with it. You've got many THOUSANDS of hours of experience trying in vain to help you out but you don't want to hear the advise you asked for.
Hook up with Ean. He can make a special fuel for you.

Where on here have I asked for advice on running nitrous?? I asked if anyone on here has tried it besides me, if you havnt tried it don't act like youy are a expert on nitrous. I appreciate any help others have to offer but I wasn't asking for help.

If you're willing to toast the engines, I'm sure there are quite a few people on here that would give them a good home before you abuse them.

Why get rid of them? I have never toasted a engine that couldn't be fixed with a new piston, sleeve and rod. That is part of the fun of a nitro engine. I don't baby my trucks and spend hours cleaning and polishing everything on them, I use my trucks like the were designed to be used. If I wanted a pretty shelf model and worried about breaking parts I would build models and not own nitro RC's.

Fine. You're right. You didn't ask for help or advise. My mistake.
You asked if anyone here had tried nitrous and obviously the answer to that was "No", and reasons were given as to why.

Good luck with your project. We're looking forward to your videos and information.

I don't spend hours cleaning and polishing everything on them.

Lol then your lacking the knowelage of maintanence, and if your that awesome you dont need to be doing that your spending way more money then needed to just keep it together. Its sad really, the people that are so naive and thick headed to not take the proper steps to clean and 'shine' dont deserve to have an RC.

Next time you ask for advice here, then use what we tell you against us as an argument log off or close your damn account... IMHO, we dont need this sort of BS....

Lol then your lacking the knowelage of maintanence, and if your that awesome you dont need to be doing that your spending way more money then needed to just keep it together. Its sad really, the people that are so naive and thick headed to not take the proper steps to clean and 'shine' dont deserve to have an RC.

Next time you ask for advice here, then use what we tell you against us as an argument log off or close your damn account... IMHO, we dont need this sort of BS....

The only advice I have EVER asked on here is about a pipe, I have no idea where you guys keep saying I asked for advice. All I have heard is you guys stating your "opinion" on nitrous with no evidence to support your opinion and no experience with nitrous. I have used nitrous on everything from cars, trucks, bikes and now RC's, I know what it will and what it wont do. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has tried it. Didn't ask for the smart azz comments.

Last edited:
Seriously? I've probably done more automotive custom work than you've ever dreamed of.

Jeez, you gotta quit acting like such a female pee pee. Its an internet forum. People have different opinions and your acting like you got a truck load of sand stuck in your vagina. You do what you think is good for you, and others will do what they think is good for them. You keep getting all defensive and pissy when you hear stuff you dont want to, your gonna just put a target on your back for people to screw with you every chance they get.

I miss the old RCNT Nutswingers days. Some people have moved on, some have chilled out, and some have sold out to be mods. Time to get back to the roots.

NAMASTE, punta.

You do know that NOS is a brand of nitrous systems and not nitrous oxide, right?? Oh, I forgot I am dealing with the mentally challenged here.

I think I've probably been mentally challenged all my life! But let me tell you what I think before Ralph gives you the ban stick. I think that the N2O injection does work in increasing the burn of available fuel but for 99% of the people who run these engines, it is not suitable to our application. It would only be applicable to drag racing these engines. (and we don't do that.) You're not going to be able to achieve a good "usable" tune for feeding nitrous while maintaining a good normal running tune when not injecting N2O. Nitrous oxide has 2 nitrogen atoms and 1 oxygen and adds no additional BTU content. Nitro methane (CH3NO2) adds BTU content to the fuel and more O2 than nitrous oxide. You would be a lot better off raising up the % nitro than you would be to shoot nitrous to it. That is why these guys are trying to tell you that it would be better for our application to raise the nitro % up and maintain something that we can still control.

Last edited:
Radar111.jpg

Lets not go and insult the know-it-all err I mean the poor guy, hes already been through so much. I'm sure hes feeling overwhelmed from so much truth and honesty... :hehe:

Only with a custom tuned supercharger with K&N filter. None of those cheap ass knockoffs. Only a REAL K&N will work.

Back