Anyone running nitrous?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L I guess the video that Nitrous Express has isn't convincing enough.

I watched the video, it was a minimal 2mph gain for what...$170??? I've read several threads from various forums and pretty much everyone has the same opinion on it. THAT IT'S A JOKE!!! Sorry, but JMO.

I watched the video, it was a minimal 2mph gain for what...$170??? I've read several threads from various forums and pretty much everyone has the same opinion on it. THAT IT'S A JOKE!!! Sorry, but JMO.

Really?? Where do you get 2mph?? That savage hit its top when the nitrous was tripped and recovered and still walked down and handily beat the non injected savage?? That's pure acceleration right there. You act like $170 is a lot of money??? Now that is a joke!!! If you are worried about spending $170, you are probably in the wrong hobby. That is the problem, everyone on these forums and threads are to cheap to buy it so they are criticizing something they have never used. I am done with this thread until I post the videos.

Really?? Where do you get 2mph?? That savage hit its top when the nitrous was tripped and recovered and still walked down and handily beat the non injected savage?? That's pure acceleration right there. You act like $170 is a lot of money??? Now that is a joke!!! If you are worried about spending $170, you are probably in the wrong hobby. That is the problem, everyone on these forums and threads are to cheap to buy it so they are criticizing something they have never used. I am done with this thread until I post the videos.

I can't afford a $12 one way bearing, but I'm still in the hobby.

I can't afford a $12 one way bearing, but I'm still in the hobby.

Damn!! Things must be tough in your neck of the woods. What motor do you need that bearing for? I might have one that I would give you.

It all depends on what size reed valve you are using. The one my dad has is from RBInovations it is the silver bullet model, it comes with the stock S2 reed valve. You can get a S3, S4, and a S5 reed valve for that particular set up. The size is really dependant on what size motor you have, for dads 3.3 they said the stock S2 would be about all he would need but if you wanted more performance he could go up to the S3 reed valve. The S2 had pretty good performance but my dad always pushes the limits on everything he has, so he went to the S3. There was a big difference in the two. He has ran it quite a bit and has only used up one cartridge, so they do go for awhile, at least with the 3.3, bigger motors with bigger reed valves will use more but they do make the Moab unit which uses a 16 gram cartridge which is twice what the silver bullet uses, this model is for 25 and bigger motors. The reed valves are $25 a piece.

$2000 in upgrades and I still would not waste $170 for something useless.

Sav31.jpg

I dont get people and their desire to destroy err run nitrous in their rigs...

The RC itself is expensive enough as is with plenty of drivibg dangers that can total your rig completly amd set you into your pockets for repairs that range anywhere from $5 to $100-$200 dollar range...

Then on the other hand having a heavily upgraded rig with hundreds if not thpusands of dollars spent is something that isnt decided upon easily...

Then you want to take nitrous amd hook it up to your rig and get nothing but a moment of joy followed by total disapointment?.... You can get smarter and more efficient power than nitrous simply by doing specific upgrading, gearing and tuning...

Id rather have hours and hours of fun without the worry of destroying my rig/mill by something so stupid and non sensicle that will cost me so much I lose interest in the rig or even the hobby all together...

Be smart with your EXPENSIVE rc and avoid this, do a few searches on here and fill up on knowelage on nitrous...

I don't even remember what I paid for most upgrades, but there's also an alloy transmission with a 3 speed and a taller 3rd gear.
With the lower 1st gear and the taller 3rd, the nitrous option would cross the line in second place.

sav8.jpg

I dont get people and their desire to destroy err run nitrous in their rigs...

The RC itself is expensive enough as is with plenty of drivibg dangers that can total your rig completly amd set you into your pockets for repairs that range anywhere from $5 to $100-$200 dollar range...

Then on the other hand having a heavily upgraded rig with hundreds if not thpusands of dollars spent is something that isnt decided upon easily...

Then you want to take nitrous amd hook it up to your rig and get nothing but a moment of joy followed by total disapointment?.... You can get smarter and more efficient power than nitrous simply by doing specific upgrading, gearing and tuning...

Id rather have hours and hours of fun without the worry of destroying my rig/mill by something so stupid and non sensicle that will cost me so much I lose interest in the rig or even the hobby all together...

Be smart with your EXPENSIVE rc and avoid this, do a few searches on here and fill up on knowelage on nitrous...

+1 @HPI-Killer

You can also up the percentage of nitro in the fuel as well to get a bit more power.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't consider anything less than supercharged nitrous for dusting purposes. :hehe:

And just think, all that time youll save dusting, will get you more pantless carpet races!! :hehe:

Back