Anyone into firearms?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrgoodwrench35

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
In my search for new places to play with the bashers, I frequently find myself in unfamiliar areas. Sometimes these areas are remote, sometimes in the middle of the inner city. Regardless of where, it seems I'm frequently approached by random strangers who take an interest in my activities and are typically just friendly and inquisitive. Most times I have my wife with me, to whom I have the responsibility of keeping safe, so most times I carry some sort of firearm. Typically a concealed handgun.

Just wondering if anyone else does the same and if so, what do you carry? Is it OK to post pictures of such material here? I'd be happy to share and would love to see others pictures if doing so doesn't violate any rules of the forum. Hopefully a moderator will speak up here.

I am fortunate to live in a area where it's somewhat safe to leave the front door open at night.
I have many firearms but the fishing pole is the only thing with me when we go out to run RCs.

I am fortunate to live in a area where it's somewhat safe to leave the front door open at night.
I have many firearms but the fishing pole is the only thing with me when we go out to run RCs.
I didn't lock the front door until 2am. Passed out right next to it. Ofcourse the three girls, 50, 60, and a 75IBS Shepards will tell me what's going on. 🤣 the biggest girl loves hands. She enjoys one or two fingers most where she will violently shake while locked in her teeth. 🤪

IIn my search for new places to play with the bashers, I frequently find myself in unfamiliar areas. Sometimes these areas are remote, sometimes in the middle of the inner city. Regardless of where, it seems I'm frequently approached by random strangers who take an interest in my activities and are typically just friendly and inquisitive. Most times I have my wife with me, to whom I have the responsibility of keeping safe, so most times I carry some sort of firearm. Typically a concealed handgun.

Just wondering if anyone else does the same and if so, what do you carry? Is it OK to post pictures of such material here? I'd be happy to share and would love to see others pictures if doing so doesn't violate any rules of the forum. Hopefully a moderator will speak up here.
Hell yeah!! It's your rite to protect your self and your wife. If I didn't live in New Jersey. I also would carry ever time I left my house. With a Walter PPQ glock 45cal.

This world is not what it was 15-20 yrs ago. It has gone to the waste side honestly. With all this crazy thinking and ideology. Beimg pushed on all of us.

And its a dam shame to be honest. That this crap is going on and being taught to the kids of the next generation.

I never leave my house without this or his big brother. Too hot to conceal a 1911 right now though.
Thats a nice SIG you got there sir.

New Jersey has some crazy laws about carrying. Even when going to shot. Everything has to be separated and in different place. Can't be together incase your pulled over.

Living in Colorado was a different story. Almost everyone carried when I lived in Boulder back in my early 20's. Another reason I want to go back. So peaceful out there. I so miss it

Another reason I love Idaho, we can carry.
I shoot fast flat shooting .22 calibers.

I have two .22, .223 .22-250 17 HMR .204 Ruger .243 .22 Hornet and my smoking hot and fast .220 Swift.
I also have a .22 pistol but I don't shoot it much. I might use it for Grouse hunting here in a few weeks.

Thats a nice SIG you got there sir.

New Jersey has some crazy laws about carrying. Even when going to shot. Everything has to be separated and in different place. Can't be together incase your pulled over.

Living in Colorado was a different story. Almost everyone carried when I lived in Boulder back in my early 20's. Another reason I want to go back. So peaceful out there. I so miss it
Thank you. I'm glad to live in a state that has lax carry laws. I've only resided in Missouri and a short time in Arkansas, both of which are very gun friendly. Especially Arkansas, I think they require ownership.

Thank you. I'm glad to live in a state that has lax carry laws. I've only resided in Missouri and a short time in Arkansas, both of which are very gun friendly. Especially Arkansas, I think they require ownership.
That's awesome man. The sad thing is all states should be that way. We all have the same rights but different people in power.

It's horrible how divided this country is now matter what your talking about. Very sad... even with buying them and getting permits it's a hassle in jersey. It's just a joke really.

9MM all the way for me. 12 gage for home defense. 223 or 5.56. for SHTF. Just saying. Kinda like guns. :rolleyes:
I kinda like guns too. Last time I counted I had...well... a lot.

9mm is a great caliber for conceal carry. Easy to conceal a large round count and effective enough. I'd prefer to carry something in 45acp or 10mm but that drastically increases the weight, lowers round count, and is typically harder to conceal.

12g is what my wife uses for home defense when I'm at work. I feel sorry for anyone who tries something with her. She's a great shot.

I do have a few 556 platforms but prefer 7.62x39 for a midsized caliber. I'll take an AK or SKS over an AR any day but to each their own. All personal preference really.

I'm relieved to see so many members who are into guns. With the way the world is going, we all should be avid users.

As others have said, there's a whole section dedicated to knives, guns, etc in the supporting members section. There's some really nice stuff posted over there.

We have a decent but small collection at home. We both shoot as a hobby, and the past few years I shoot WAY more rimfire than anything else in the collection. My Dad and brother and I are trying to get a regular sporting clays event going.

I find that my weapons are more than iI need. With that said, No one should walk on over and take what they want. Not without a shot in the ass. I tend to protect what I own.I feel good knowing that I can protect what we spent so much time to accumulate. Yes I carry. But very scared to use it. Prison is not my cup of tea. :rolex: 🦞Mike from Maine.🦞

As others have said, there's a whole section dedicated to knives, guns, etc in the supporting members section. There's some really nice stuff posted over there.

We have a decent but small collection at home. We both shoot as a hobby, and the past few years I shoot WAY more rimfire than anything else in the collection. My Dad and brother and I are trying to get a regular sporting clays event going.

I have (more than) a few rimfires myself, and I have always shot way more of that than center-fire. Deer hunting in Texas (97% private land) isn't as economically feasible as it was in Colorado (my last duty station in the USAF), so my centerfire accumulation has waned considerably.

The last time I hunted deer here, about 4 years ago on a friend's place, I used my suppressed SBR in .300 AAC (shooting super-sonics). Texas white-tails are puny. :)

I've always carried a handgun since 1981. my fav is a 50 cal S$W on a X frame only legal handgun to hunt elephants or save lives

Always wanted a 357 Smith & Wesson. Like the revolver thing. Kinda pricey though. :mad:
I've always carried a handgun since 1981. my fav is a 50 cal S$W on a X frame only legal handgun to hunt elephants or save lives
Hope you carried it with both hands.🤣

Last edited: