Anyone in the UK - Looking for help finding a glue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I have been using EMA Plastic Weld for my 3d printed parts, and it works better than any other glue I have ever tried. I am about out and getting desperate. I can't get it in the US. It is only available in the UK. The people that do carry it just won't ship it here. If anyone can help a fellow RCer out, I am trying to find about 6 bottles of it. If you can buy it and ship it, let me know in a PM.

Ok, I checked ebay the other day and I didn't see those. I must have typed it in wrong. I just went to their website and it is only £3.99 GBP 😁

EMA and none of the other sites I have found will ship that glue to the US. So I am betting if I place an order it gets cancelled.

So thanks!

Edit: yep, it won't let me order that here in the US from their website 🤬 I will have to order it from ebay. 6 bottles shipped from ebay works out to $12.39/bottle. That is cheaper than I paid for the bottle I have I guess.

Last edited:
Tenax 7R and Ambroid used to be the go to for plastic model building but they were banned. MEK (Methel Ethel Keytone) was the main ingredient. Oddly enough you can still get MEK in a lot of places. California is not one of them I had the same problem getting it that you are with your EMA. I would order it and it would get cancelled. I had someone I know bring me some from Arizona. If it's available in your area give it a try, be warned it evaporates quickly and use it in a well ventilated area, it is strong.

Last edited:
Tenax 7R and Ambroid used to be the go to for plastic model building but they were banned. MEK (Methel Ethel Keytone was the main ingredient. Oddly enough you can still get MEK in a lot of places. California is not one of them I had the same problem getting it that you are with your EMA. I would order it and it would get cancelled. I had someone I know bring me some from Arizona. If it's available in your area give it a try, be warned it evaporates quickly and use it in a well ventilated area, it is strong.
I was just reading about that Tenax 7R. That may be what this EMA glue is and why it can't be shipped here now. I bought my bottle a couple years ago from a UK seller. So I will have to give that a go.

@olds97_lss I have tried a few of the styrene glues, model cement, 2 part epoxy, CA, etc. Nothing sticks to PLA except this EMA glue, which melts it exactly like Acetone does styrene. It was mentioned in a 3d printer group by some guys in the UK that said it worked, so I ordered this bottle. It works so well, I just don't want to run out of it. It welds all plastics together actually, without making it brittle.

I was just reading about that Tenax 7R. That may be what this EMA glue is and why it can't be shipped here now. I bought my bottle a couple years ago from a UK seller. So I will have to give that a go.

@olds97_lss I have tried a few of the styrene glues, model cement, 2 part epoxy, CA, etc. Nothing sticks to PLA except this EMA glue, which melts it exactly like Acetone does styrene. It was mentioned in a 3d printer group by some guys in the UK that said it worked, so I ordered this bottle. It works so well, I just don't want to run out of it. It welds all plastics together actually, without making it brittle.
So I just pm the guy "stigtheone" he lives in the UK... asked him when he has time to come take a look at this thread.. to see if he could help you out bud 👍👍👍

So I just pm the guy "stigtheone" he lives in the UK... asked him when he has time to come take a look at this thread.. to see if he could help you out bud 👍👍👍
Thank you. I think I am going to go ahead and order 6 of those bottles off ebay when I get paid if nothing else. But I want to try some other glues as well just to make sure there isn't something Stateside that will work.

why order 6? order 1 see if it works then get more..

why order 6? order 1 see if it works then get more..
I have been using it for a long time now. It is the greatest glue there is for PLA, but the price to get it here is ridiculous. Like $12.40/bottle.
Hey buddy Stoner gave me a shout, this is the stuff you mean isn’t it?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EMA-PLAS...9QvRCkGd9fByMc1zd54WaVeIE0giUTABoC5_YQAvD_BwE

If you want to order and have it delivered to me I’ll ship it over to you, I’m away from Monday to Wednesday so would be after that when I can do it but it will be a couple days to reach me anyway id imagine
Yeah, that is the stuff. I will get with you in a week or so. I still have about 10ml left. Thanks!

I just noticed that description says EMA / Plastruct. I was told the Plastruct glue doesn't work well, so I never tried it. I wonder 🤔

Last edited:
seen a listing 12 for like 22 pounds..not sure you can get this in your hands if its a banned chemical in USA....

I have been using it for a long time now. It is the greatest glue there is for PLA, but the price to get it here is ridiculous. Like $12.40/bottle.

Yeah, that is the stuff. I will get with you in a week or so. I still have about 10ml left. Thanks!

I just noticed that description says EMA / Plastruct. I was told the Plastruct glue doesn't work well, so I never tried it. I wonder 🤔
No worries at all bud, that was just a quick eBay search but if you want to just order your own to me I will check shippin and send you the details so you know how much it will cost to send to you? I’m cool with helping out mate not a problem

No worries at all bud, that was just a quick eBay search but if you want to just order your own to me I will check shippin and send you the details so you know how much it will cost to send to you? I’m cool with helping out mate not a problem
seen a listing 12 for like 22 pounds..not sure you can get this in your hands if its a banned chemical in USA....
Defo need to check that actually as if I send it and it’s banned it may get pulled at the border wasting the money spent on it

Defo need to check that actually as if I send it and it’s banned it may get pulled at the border wasting the money spent on it
Well, I can order it off ebay apparently. Not really sure why the hobby shops won't ship from their web site. Will see if I can find out.

Not sure if the regular Plastruct that is available in the USA is the same formula as the EMA version from England. I seem to remember them changing it to comply.

Just let me know if you get stuck then mate and if you need it I’ll ship some over for you
I got a reply from a very helpful jobby shop in the UK - Hattons Model Railways. They said to try Tamiya 87038.

"The team have advised that this would give you the same outcome, and is very similar to the EMA Plastic Weld. I wish you all the best in your search to help with your 3D printing, and if we can help any further in the future please do not hesitate to get back in touch."

Upon further research, people have tried it with PLA and it doesn't work ☹

I got a reply from a very helpful jobby shop in the UK - Hattons Model Railways. They said to try Tamiya 87038.

"The team have advised that this would give you the same outcome, and is very similar to the EMA Plastic Weld. I wish you all the best in your search to help with your 3D printing, and if we can help any further in the future please do not hesitate to get back in touch."

Upon further research, people have tried it with PLA and it doesn't work ☹
Have you just tried plastic welding?? Would that work? I got that and works good one certain plastics

Have you just tried plastic welding?? Would that work? I got that and works good one certain plastics
If you apply much heat to pla, trying to keep it in an area, the heat spreads very quickly, then the plastic melts everywhere and warps, then hardens very quickly. Well before you could assemble two parts. I just need to fly to the UK and buy a bunch of this EMA glue, or risk having some shipped to me.

If you apply much heat to pla, trying to keep it in an area, the heat spreads very quickly, then the plastic melts everywhere and warps, then hardens very quickly. Well before you could assemble two parts. I just need to fly to the UK and buy a bunch of this EMA glue, or risk having some shipped to me.
Oooo yeah that wouldn't be good. I searched.. any plastic welding glue in US for 3D PLA. Compared to the plastic EMA glue used over seas in the UK...There was a bunch listed as to being a glue wleding compound.. But not really sure what you exactly looking for...Try typing that in search bar... and see what comes up... there was alot...