Anybody running a Kyosho Fo-XX Nitro.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the small carb restrictor back in. It makes it more drivable. The brakes are weak also.They are a single steel disk. It is a very fast but light car with limited suspension travel. It has axle blocks for when it bottoms.

Is it meant to be a racer?

Nevermind. I just read their Web page. Neat looking rig.

I ran 3 tanks. Easiest engine to start I have had. Nothing broke. I have some tweaking to do.
I'm happy with it.

Nice wipe out to end the vid!

I guess with 1st being geared so low, that might help it avoid stripping the 1st gear spur due to flexing the crank shaft under load. Seeing that long of a bell just screams fried bearings and spurs to me.

As for the brakes, looks like you might have enough room to add another pad and a disc to help.

I didn't realize how exposed the steering linkage is on that thing. Have to be careful going over things that you high center on.

I was going to put the Super Swampers on it but I would have to cut the body.

I put the Badlands on it, increased the shock preload and put the carb restrictor back in. It's much easier to drive and doesn't want to flip on it's back all the time.

update
I put Proline badlands on it and went back to the large carb restrictor. It is like a mean jeep. It has taken some maintenance to keep it running. The fasteners are very poor and fall out. I have gradually replaced them. It is a blast to drive and still going strong. Starts easily and it's my only pull start.Very Impressed.