any of you ever built your own comp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blah420

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm building a comp i just picked up my tower and motherboard today and man let me tell you it looks bad ass now i just need to get more cash to finish building it heres the link for it ill post some pics once i find my digi cam
http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/cv2/

Sweet! In 2000 I built the best computer I ever owned, a p3 800 with intel board, 512 ram, 7200 rpm western digital and a 128 mb winfast geforce2 graphics card. It ran 24/7 for 3 straight years without a single problem. The secret is definitely the motherboard. Intels arent always the fastest but they sure are reliable. Its my daughters now for barbie games!

I'm getting a ati x800 pro for my graphics card with a gig of ram and a 160 gig hd and it's gonna be a p4 3.2

Last edited:
sweet I've built like 10 computers for myself and family and friends...nothing like when your done and it posts....i still get that rush

that said...i didnt notice if you had a jumperless motherboard but if it has jumpers triple check them before boot it will save headachs later

never nothing like the fist time ( for anything )

:cheers:

I got a case with a floppy drive and a 1.7 gig motherboard on Ebay last year for $154. New, not used.
I added an extra CD burner I had and got a 7200 60GB HD and 256K RAM for it. I'm on it right now. OS Win '98se.
Total cash layout after rebates was $240. NEVER had a glitch yet.
It's way better than the HP with XP sitting next to it that cost me $1000 without a monitor, 3 years ago. Nothing but problems with it.

Last edited:
Anyone ever consider AMD64 ? I was going to build one but no juice for it now.

MyJeep said:
Anyone ever consider AMD64 ? I was going to build one but no juice for it now.

I've been running a homebuilt with AMD procs and have had pretty good luck. My last two I have built have been AMD's.

...nothing like when your done and it posts....i still get that rush

Ditto that!

retarded pilot said:
sweet I've built like 10 computers for myself and family and friends...nothing like when your done and it posts....i still get that rush

that said...i didnt notice if you had a jumperless motherboard but if it has jumpers triple check them before boot it will save headachs later

never nothing like the fist time ( for anything )

:cheers:
i havent looked at the board upclose yet i dunno if it has jumpers or not i do know that i need 2 get my income taxes back fast so i can finish it!!!

i have built a bunch ... all AMD's not a 64 yet though ... no need to upgrade yet ..

right now i am running a AMD 3200+ barton chip on an asus a7n8x deluxe mobo ... 2 512 mb pc3200 running in dual channel , sound blaster 5.1 gamer sound card with creative labs 5.1 surround sound speakers , a geforce 4 ti 4200 vid card , 2 SATA 80gb western digital hard drive running in a raid 0 configuration .. been running win 2k pro

best pc i have built so far ... just recently upgraded to the raid ...

like retarded pilot said ... nothing like the rush of when you first boot up and get the post test .... :cheers:

enjoy the build .. it is fun .. addicting .. but fun ...

yeah when i looked at the motherboard i got wood

I am running on the AMD 2600+ plus with Asus Mobo....512MB of 3200 RAM with Geforce FX5200 (128MB) video card, with a 160Gig Western Digital HD 7200rpm with 8mb cache.

Then the standard Sony Dual layer DVD burner, Plextr 52x CD-RW

All these are still in my wish list. I think I should share it here.

Mobo: ASUS "K8N-E Deluxe" NVIDIA nForce3 Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 754 CPU
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor for DTR Notebooks (ClawHammer L1/64K+64K; L2/1MB)
Memory: 2x Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200C2PT (Cas Latency: 2-3-3-6 1T)
Optical drive: Samsung 16X DVD±RW (2.4X DVD+R DL, 16X DVD+R, 4X DVD+RW, 12X DVD-R, 4X DVD-RW, 40X CD-R, 32X CD-RW)
Harddrive: Hitachi 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive (Buffer: 8MB)
Video card: it is up to you (at least 128ddr)
Sound card: Not needed (the onboard is good enough Realtek ALC850(8-Ch))

With this setup, it will handle all the games out there.

I build all my desktops. Not much so far 3 of them.
All are Pentium based, so I guess the next will be AMD. I read a lot of good review about AMD 64. Also, Microsoft has came out with a OS that is build to run at 64bit. You can download the trial version at Microsoft website.

The desktop I use the most now is a Pentium 4 2.4 with 1 gig dual channel Rambus. I personally not happy with that setup due to the limit of the mobo. The mobo (533 bus) is limiting the 800 mhz rambus (bottle neck). I still unable to find a mobo for rambus that has 800mhz bus. If anyone know or ever see one, please let me know.

Last edited:
here my new tower i decided to go with insted of the boring one i got lastweek
whitegardian

Back