Any hopups needed for the NTC3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. What about shock oil weight?

Also, the RTR comes w/ two sets of springs. A silver (14.5 lbs) & a copper (25 lbs). Are these adequate springs? Or do you guys run heavier springs?

In all the pics I see of the RTR, they have the heavier spring (copper) in the front & the lighter spring in the back. That doesn't seem to make sense for some reason. I would think that you would want the heavier spring in the back, since their is more weight in the back (ie. engine & battery). Can anyone explain why you would run w/ the heavier spring in the front?

Thanks!

I run the stock springs (copper front, gold rear) and 40 wt front/35 wt rear. If you were on a high traction/groomed track a little heavier coil would be used.

The main reason for harder springs in the front is mainly because that's where the bumps are taken first, also it helps keep the car from understeering when initiating a turn. Too hard of a spring in the rear will cause the suspension to hop and not plant properly when accelerating on uneven surface.

Thats interesting - heavy springs and oil in front is the opposite of what you do on a dirt car to reduce understeer.

For those that are looking for some real nice hop ups to improve your Tc3 go to www.speedtechrc.com they carry a lot of K-Factory parts for your cars

Back