Another new obsession.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'll be the first to tell you I haven't burned much nitro lately. Still looking for that perfect spot to bash.
But keeping with my obsession of airborne RC's from last year, I finally took the plunge and got:
copter3smee2.jpg

It's an E-sky Belt CP. It's a heli that's comparable to the T-Rex, but more affordable. I guess it's a bit smaller. But it has gotten decent reviews so I figured why not. The model I bought comes with everything except the transmitter, receiver and battery.
copter2smqa8.jpg

It's pretty slick. Didn't take long to assemble. But as with any collective pitch bird, the set-up is taking the time. She looks good in flight trim:
copter1smri1.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm close to stable trim. I went out to shake it down tonight and had 2 issues. My blades were out of balance, but after about 10 minutes I got them balanced well and the heli doesn't shake at all. My only other big issue is my rudder trim. I'm at a full 50% to the right and the nose still moves left. So I'm going to have to reset the tail servo mount to back that off. I got her a few feet up during the shakedown and she looks good. I just don't want to risk it with the tail out of whack. I also need to dial in a fair amount of expo on the cyclic controls. With a rotor disk this size it is really responsive. The only other bitch right now is that the gyro is a rate gyro. Not a heading-hold. So I will have to fly the tail a bit more. But for now that will be good practice.
And God willing I won't pile this puppy in anytime soon...

Very nice looking heli Candyman, I would love to pick one up one day but the extent of my flying experience is with my little foam heli, lol. And I would surely crash that puppy quick.

That looks awesome.

It will be awhile until I grow-up and am able to handle anything other than my CX2.

Actually Kevin, it wasn't that much. Like I said, it comes ARTR. And I found a decent source on Ebay that sold it for a total of $180 shipped. Just pop in a 6+ channel rx, a 1500+ mAh LiPo and make sure you have a heli-capable tx and you're good to go.
I had it running last night and the sound this thing makes is nothing short of menacing. Even my girlfriend was slowly backing away.

It looks like a very good quality model, thats for sure.

I would be so scared to mess around with anything that heavy that had spinning blades on top of it.

Got any pets to terrorize with it?

Got any pets to terrorize with it?

Haha, that's the first thing I would do once I learned how to control it.

Nice heli. I would like to get one, but I'm too scared of wind catching it outside or just general stupidness and trees. Let us know how it goes.

From what I have heard, the heavier models (like the one he has) are built to take on some pretty significant wind and stay stable. They have small gyroscopes and other means of balancing themselves out, but ONLY if the pilot knows what he/she is doing to a decent extent.

make no mistakes, they are very hard to learn.

Like they say, it's like trying to balance a marble on the back of a bowl. Luckily I have put in tons of hours on my Sim and did beat down a fixed-pitch Dragonfly for a summer before stepping up to this one. It's damn scary but I'll get used to it.

Nice looking heli, I have read very good things about it.

I'm still trying with the Axe and getting a lot better. Hovering is no problem but I get a bad case of the nerves when it's 10+ feet up and moving LOL.